“Great food”
Review of Grille 66 & Bar

Grille 66 & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 66 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,486 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$50 - US$350
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Property Hyatt Regency
Transit: Water Taxi and City Transit
Description: Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Excellent service and food was good. Little pricey but well worth it. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Once you finally get to Grille 66 positioned alongside the waterway (not IN the hotel itself as you might expect, but quite a distance to oneside), & set attractively on two levels, you'll discover an impressively sunken, almost circular dining room of huge proportions...so the feeling of initial excitement decending the stairs gives way to a slight disappointment in that being sunken -- you're robbed of the sight of the water itself ! & only a bit of the bridge.
An extreemly odd architctural concept I'm bound to observe--leaving only outdoor diners together with a few choice souls in a relatively small space alongside the disappointingly TV dominated bar area.
All that said its still a grand room & nicely presents overall. Just dont automatically expect a water view, that's all.
My husband & I ordered seafood to start..I particularly was wanting to try the now in-season 'local' Stone Crab (quite expensive-$25 per medium claw!) my husband deciding on the cold-water oysters shipped from up north..both delicious!
He chose blackened Cajun-style Salmon BUT I went overboard & tried the "Cowboy"...seasoned on-bone ribeye with truffled butter .. presented with expertly handled mushrooms on the side..excessive & delicious!

Quibbles :
No1 :I was initially disappointed not to have been provided at the outset with a moist towel with my starter, seeing I would obviously doing battle with crab claws -- but even more frustrated to have been belatedly promised same immediately AFTER the dish had been eaten/plates cleared..only to realise it probably was not coming, even quite some time thereafter.
I was obliged to find a moist towel sachet in my own bag to cleanmy hands ...& quaintly after just having finished doiing that..only THEN along came the hot handtowel...too late --I sent it back disapprovingly, without either an apology for its lateness...nor any explanation. Poor show.

No2 :
Its very noisy, so quiet conversation difficult..a big party of 6>8 at a round table would find social engagement impossible..other than being LOUD..which wouldn't overly faze many Americans dining out, as a visitor, I truly observe!

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed on our first visit to Grille 66 and Bar. We had happy hour drinks at the bar then dinner in the main restaurant. Can not fault anything about our experience. The snapper fish and chips were really tasty. Worthy of a visit.

1  Thank AUKTourist
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I decided to take a friend here for his birthday, I was unsure as I had never been here before but I was not disappointed. The staff is amazing, friendly and professional. We sat outside and the view was fantastic and it was a very romantic setting. The food was superb, the crab cake appetizer is a must try!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Had a little dinner, very cozy place, good food, prices are reasonable for what you are getting (which is good service and rich plates). recommended to visit and enjoy the view and food.