“Authentic made from scratch bagel bakery”

Chesapeake Bagel Bakery
Ranked #7 of 30 Bakeries in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Description: Were on a mission to bake the best bagels in Florida. We opened our doors in 1981 and we have been baking fresh bagels made from scratch ever since. We use only fresh quality ingredients that puts the yummy in great food.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Bakers dozen deal for $11.99 or 13 bagels and two cream cheese tubs for $16.99. Sometimes I do one - sometimes I do the other. Depends on how I feel and how much cream cheese I have in the refrigerator at home. Bagels are fresh and made from scratch daily. Or "authentic" as they say at the Chesapeake Bagel Bakery.

Decent little place located in a strip shopping center in the 1500 block of Commercial Boulevard. It's on the north side of the street - parking can be a bit tight. Pay attention.

For the most part, it's been take-out for me. The servers - Jasmine and Darlene - are always polite and friendly. I've never an issue.

Chesapeake Bagel Bakery is more than just bagels. They have sandwiches - anything from breakfast, signature or deli - to a panini, salads, soup, pastries and other sweets, along with coffee, tea and other cold drinks. They cater and yes, they deliver. Just not to my home on the Treasure Coast.

William E. Lewis Jr.
Vero Beach, Florida.

Maria C, Owner at Chesapeake Bagel Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi William,
We just wanted to say thank you so much for your fantastic review and great team comments. We try hard to make the best bagel in Florida and appreciate your fantastic feedback. See you again soon from all of the team, Maria

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I have lived in South Florida for over 20 years and have been amazed by all the places proclaiming "real NY bagels" only to be disappointed by the result. Chesapeake Bagels are the real deal! They offer a large variety of bagels, all tasting just the way a bagel should. The staff is friendly and will help you with all of the choices. The eating area is small,, but clean and well kept. My only issue is that they do not offer free refills on soda. I realize they are a small operation, but this is the only establishment I have seen without refills from the soda machine. Despite that, my wife and drive 30 minutes every few weeks to be able to sample a true taste of home.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The best bagels south of New York. Come early when they are warm and just out of the oven! Very friendly staff, very clean eating area, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had not been here for a few years and were happy to find that the bagels are still the best in the area and the only bagels that taste like NYC bagels!Coffee was good and the service was efficient!

Venture825998, Owner at Chesapeake Bagel Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your fantastic rating and great comments. Were glad you enjoyed our bagels and hope to see you back again in the bakery soon.
Tom

Reviewed 6 November 2017

They offer a huge assortment of bagels (approx 20 different flavors) and they bake them on site. My sesame was toasted perfectly and topped with nova cream cheese. Very tasty. The place is not fancy but the bagels are outstanding. Good coffee too