“Service Extraordinaire!”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,480 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The food was killer, to be sure, but the service was outstanding! Attentive while not hovering. Personal but not pushy. We were greeted by Javier Martinez, the manager, shortly after we were seated, and made to feel welcome. The server was incredible: very informed, personable, and willing to make straight forward recommendations. The menu choice was a seafood lovers delight, and there was enough non-seafood on the menu to satisfy a meat eater as well. We had 3 apps (could have stopped there): the stone crabs had a lovely presentation, but I think a bit pricey for their size; the lobster bisque was incredible - served over a dollop of cream and horseradish which gave it a "different", albeit lovely, taste; and crab cakes - wow - second only to my own! Please, please get the crab cakes!. Onto entree: the ribeye was cooked to perfection and seriously, "like buttah", so good! the Miso sea bass was a little over-dressed, but still nice. They have sharable huge desserts, but we opted for a single serving of Key Lime pie, had a bite or two, then took it home - but it was perfect. Actually, took a lot home, as the serving size of the steak & fish were generous. this was my first visit here, but I will 100% be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We had the pleasure of having one of the best meals that I've had in quite some time at this restaurant. We were a party of 4 celebrating my husband's birthday. My husband and I are stickler's for great customer service which we received, from the manager coming over to wish my husband a happy birthday, to the waitress being very knowledgeable about the menu and last but not least; I received a call the next day from the restaurant thanking us for dining with them. All of this added up to a fantastic dining experience.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Occasion was Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
The turkey was very dry and cut into large thick chunks served over top of mashed potatoes which made it for a very messy way of eating. The turkey was so thick upon cutting it it made a sloppy mess of the plate due to it being placed over the potatoes.
There was simply not enough gravy to overcompensate the dryness of the turkey. So we askedfor more gravy to try to moistened the turkey.
The stuffing was a little scoop of bland, very dry, pasty cornbread.
And lastly the pumpkin pie:
It was dark brown in color and very spicy. The top note taste was Cloves and Nutmeg.
In my opinion that was way too much spices put in the pumpkin pie.
All around for the price that you paid was not a very good food experience on such an occasion.
Plastic, fake dusty plants, does nothing to further the overpriced food.
Did I mention people wearing shorts and flip flops?

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Met family here and had a wonderful time. Ambiance was fantastic. Food was amazing, steak cooked to perfection, oysters fresh and tasty and dessert was heavenly. A bit pricy, but worth every penny. A outstanding choice!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful decor but not with plastic plants. Lighting is a little subdued. Way over priced. And how are items sustainable when they are shipped from Japan, South Africa,and Russia. A lot to impress but not really impressed. The food is good but I would say it is not exceptional. The service was great.
The wine was really good.
The entrees were good but very pricey for seafood that I could have gotten at Publix across the street at 1/4 the price.
What makes this place not exceptional is the slow delivery of food ordered. The time from order to table was 45 minutes. I work in the restaurant business and that is 25 minutes to long. Sad.
The lady singing in the bar area needs to find a concert venue...her talents are lost on most of the people in the dining room.
Let’s get back to the price...if I’m paying $16.00 per Florida crab and it takes 45 minutes to arrive at the table....I would say hire a faster cook. For the dollar this is unacceptable.
It’s good but not for the dollar. Maybe if you want to impress someone who needs impressing!

1  Thank Joseph K