1,769 results
All reviews las olas executive tower indigo restaurant new tower wild sea the cheesecake factory older part water taxi oyster bar charming hotel old florida charm restaurants and shops across the street hotel bar room was large parking garage room key
Reviewed 10 May 2017

There was a huge issue with bugs in the room. After asking management to help, they said oh they are harmless we will spray your room. We come back into the room after they "sprayed", bugs everywhere. After asking management to make it right, they said "sir, you are in Florida of course there are going to be bugs in your room". I don't know about the rest of you but my job requires traveling, and I've NEVER had this issue. Absolutely horrific experience.

The attached photo is bugs crawling all over our arms.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank dkgreen5192
Omar T, Front Office Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear dkgreen5192,
I am emailing you regarding your recent experience at The Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale. Having read your email, I must apologize for the experience you encountered and that your last impression of our property was not favorable.
You did call down and reported the incident which was reviewed by our Director of Housekeeping. It was then clean that you had food items that were exposed for an extended time which caused ants to surround the affected areas. We offered to move the room but you declined indicating you prefer to have someone clean the area which was immediately done.
Our Management Team followed up with you and had the situation resolved to the best of the hotel's ability.
Once again, we regret to see you left with such poor impression of our property and hope that given the opportunity we will better serve you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I've been staying at the Riverside Hotel for many, many years and even lived there for a couple of months between a home sale and home purchase. I like this place for location and obvious sentimental reasons. It's close to where my daughter lives and you can walk everywhere you would want to go in the evening. I always stay in the Old Florida part of the hotel, which has been refurbished many times, yet still retains the Mexican tile floors and interesting hallway photographs. The rooms are nice enough and quiet if you are away from the elevators. At the present there is construction underway adjacent to the east end of the hotel, so I'd avoid that if you are a late sleeper. Parking is at a premium, however the attached garage is my favorite option. I think it is now $3.50 for the first hour and $1.50 for each additional hour, but that seems to be a moving target. You can however use your phone to pay for parking. They have free internet but it's so slow that I set up my phone as a wifi hotspot for email, etc. They have pay wifi, but my small amount of usage did not justify the cost. The restaurant and bars are nice places to meet friends or have breakfast on the street if that is your sort of thing. With so many interesting and new places to see/eat/drink on Las Olas haven't actually had a meal there in years, but like the funky old bar. All in all it's about the location, which can't be beat.

Room Tip: I always try to avoid rooms near the elevators because of noise, also major constrution next door on the east end of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kdu-917,
Thank you for your recent visit to The Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale and thank you for your review. We are truly delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and its environs. We are truly fortunate to be working for such an establishment and more so to hear it directly from our guest; gives us the drive to always come to work and give of our best. We do hope that you will make this your home away from home whenever your travels take you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Cheers!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This great hotel is right in the heart of everything. I traveled to a 3 day conference at this hotel. Everything is in walking distance and I never used my car once I arrived. The restaurants surrounding the hotel are great and the food inside the hotel is good as well. Happy hour is also a great place to meet colleagues to wind down or just watch the world go by outside.

The rooms are large and I had a great view of the river. It was also very clean with in room safe and fridge as well as a desk with a lot of functionality. The conference room was on the 8th floor which had a great large balcony over looking the city.

The staff was always very helpful and always there when they were needed. There was also live music in the lobby when I arrived.

The staff noticed an incorrect charge on my bill when I was checking out and fixed it immediately. No need to call a manager they just fixed it. The gym has been relocated during renovation and is lacking currently. There is also a business area of the main kiddy.

My car was delivered right to the door by valet within minutes of my request. I hope to return some day.

Thanks again for a great stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear cajuntrifecta,
Thank you for choosing the Riverside Hotel and thank you for your review.
It is refreshing to read this most amazing review as you touch on all the service areas in our hotel. We feel it is important to empower all our associates so that they can take care of all our guest; and from all indications, we exceeded your expectations. Our property hosts many events and again we want to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We want to thank you personally for your frequent visits and lovely feedback.
Please come back and see us again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel, centrally located to lots of restaurants & bars. Walking distance to all places...have a great bar with the nicest people and met a lot of new friends. We celebrated our 26th wedding anv and we will stay here again and hopefully soon.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Omar T, Front Office Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Roxanne E,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale and thank you for your loyalty. We are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to share in this milestone Wedding Anniversary and certainly looking forwarded to you next visit.

Best Regards,

Omar

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Awesome experience. We were with friends that have stayed in this hotel in the past, and it was great. The service was very good and the location was exceptional. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and willing to accomodate.

Stayed: April 2017

Dear Cinmaz,

Thank you for choosing The Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale.
We are delighted to have had the opportunity of hosting you prior to your pre cruise and also to learn of your amazing experience. We do strive for excellence and is thrilled to know we exceeded all your expectations.

We do hope to see you when next your travels take you back to Fort Lauderdale.

regards,