“Back to back dinners”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A Highway
Description: PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island's premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Bacon wrapped scallops, oysters, lamb, shrimp- oh my! The descriptions on the menu, even though mouth watering, doesn't do justice to the savory entrees that arrived at our table. We enjoyed our first night so much that we ditched the company dinner the next night and slipped over for another Plae experience. I understand weekends have live music which would be even better. We also enjoyed an after dinner drink out back overlooking water and golf. Would we go back again? Definitely yes, if we are ever back on Amelia Island.

3  Thank PennySw

Reviewed 19 July 2015

We are lucky to live in a place with many awesome restaurants but PLAE is always #1 for us. The menu is creative, atmosphere is comfortable and fun, portions are filling and servers are friendly and helpful. Overall the BEST restaurant on Amelia Island.

3  Thank Jody H
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

PLaE (People laughing and eating) is our new favorite place to eat on Amelia Island. It has a warm, welcoming but sophisticated ambience. Heather was one of the most helpful and enjoyable waiters we have had in a long time. The menu is a unique blend of American, Asian, Mediterranean with a little bit of southern thrown in. I had the pork loin on a bed a grits, red eye gravy and red peppers. My wife has a spinach salad with golden beets, red beets, sun dried tomatoes with a raspberry vinegarrette and ahi tuna with some delicious dipping sauces We loved the menu so much we made reservations to come back tomorrow

3  Thank Rdempsey1125
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Omni for a business/not so business trip. We ate as several great restaurants but this was our favorite! The food was awesome, service was mediocre and there was a musky smell to the place. We were seated inside. In between courses we asked if there was a patio for us to vape our ecig. There was and it was beautiful! I was a little upset that they did not ask if we wanted to dine inside or or outside. We had our things moved outside so we could dine on the patio. I had to bring our water out myself. The little things were just not attended to. I'm a big foodie and have a degree in Culinary arts and have worked a server so those things mean a lot to me. We had the shrimp and the tuna and it was packed full of flavor! The artichoke appetizer was yummy and we had a nice rose that complimented our meal perfectly. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Heather A
Reviewed 29 May 2015

While there are many fabulous restaurants in the island, whenever we stay in the Planation/Ritz area we always dine at Plae. Worth the price tag, a great dining experience. On our last visit, we were shocked to see how empty the dining room was on Memorial Day Weekend. Nonetheless, the food was AMAZING, service was EXCEPTIONAL, and we are dying to return ASAP,

3  Thank Debbie O