“Twice in one week!!!”

Townies Pizzeria
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Fast casual locals choice for island italian and pizzeria.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

When you're on vacation and you bookend your trip with Townies, that's saying something. I'll start by saying I'm not a pizza guy. I usually avoid it but when the family is together, you make exceptions.

We arrived in Fernandina a couple Saturday's ago. We were too early to check-in to our house yet and while picking up some odds and ends, stumbled on Townies. I don't remember it from last year. We stopped in for lunch. Everyone in our group (10 total) was pleased with their pizza. I had a small specialty and thought it was well made and not too greasy. The specialty pizza prices are kind of high but that's to be expected and they have deals on other pizza sizes and toppings that are extremely attractive.

We have about a 6 hr drive home, up I95, then I26 and I77 and the food options are pathetic until you get to Columbia and even then, you have to sidetrack yourself to find something decent. We leave around 9 and we either stop for a terrible lunch or don't eat. I had the idea of getting Townies again on Friday night and then heating it up just before we left. That could not have worked better. I waited about an hour to start mine and while it wasn't hot any longer, it was far from cold and it was just as enjoyable. We have 2 or 3 Fernandina restaurants that we go to every year and then we try and rotate the rest. Townie's just made the every year list.

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Appreciate the review..Thank You! PIZZA! One Luv!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I have given 3 chances for this pizza place and I think this is the last time tried them when they first opened a couple of years ago not very impressed so about a month ago decided to try them again was much
better they had actual Italian sausage the crumble type or hunks which was great. So went to try them again went online and placed order used the tracker as it said order was placed and would be 15 minutes so went to the restaurant after 20 minutes nothing happened on the tracker decided to call parked outside and was told sorry that the order online system was not working to bad you can order now on the phone and wait another 20 minutes so it was late I said ok. So I finally get the pizza home and open the box and it has some kind of sliced looks like thin pepperoni they Italian sausage yuck them the pizza is so soggy undercooked crust yuck. Well I guess I'm done with Townies. P.s. I guess would have been thoughtful if they would have offered some kind of discount or something for the screwed up online deal.

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Daniel, our goal is perfect pizza very time no exceptions. Your experience is highly unusual and our staff is trained to solve every customer complaint immediately. Please contact me directly at mattk@towniespizzeria.com or mobile/text me at 904-310-4363 .

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was at this small restaurant. We ordered garlic knots for an appetizer...delicious! My son got a calzone and loved it. My husband got one of the specialty pizzas and said it was great. I got a sub sandwich and it was served hot. It was excellent as well. The staff was super nice as well. We will be retuning when visiting Amelia Island again next summer!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We had a great experience here at Townies Pizza and were a little sad we only got to dine here once. The pizzas we ordered were fantastic and the place had a good vibe. My only regret was that we were not able to come back and try more items! Their subs also looked really yummy!

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Appreciate the review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Visited for pizza for the first time. The pizza was served hot and the small pizza was a good size portion for 2 people when you add a salad. Salad was average but thought the pizza very good.