“Good but slow”

Townies Pizzeria
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Fast casual locals choice for island italian and pizzeria.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Staff said it would be about 25 minutes. 45 minutes later we had a great pizza. If I was told 45 minutes I would have expected 45.

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Appreciate the comments. We continue to work on making our delivery times match our promised time and will share this with the Townies Tribe. PIZZA! One Luv!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Good pizza but staff needs to focus on details - Our order for the dining room was very late, delivered in a box, and our salad was not what we ordered and late as well. Pizza had been sitting in the box for awhile - crust was getting soft/soggy. Pizza was missing an ingredient we requested. Unfortunately it was my favorite ingredient. Coke machine not working properly either. Disappointed.

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Appreciate the candid review. This is exactly how we get better and improve our product and service. July 4th is our busiest weekend of the year and gets really crazy on the island and in Townies. No excuses; however, we aim to please every customer and this review is not one of our best. I will share this with the Tribe and work on those items you mentioned.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I had the grandkids and we all wanted pizza. My wife and I have been coming to Fernandina for 4 years and had never tried it before. We probably would not have this time either but Moon River Pizza was closed or at least didnt answer their phone. It was dinner time on the 4th of July so I expected it to be busy and it was. Pizza took a little while because of this but it was very good. I must complement Reagan, she was able to take orders in person and on the phone with all the madness going on. Then during a lull she made tea and cleaned tables. You are lucky to have found some one that represents you so well. It was a good value and experience. Keep it up.

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Your review is much appreciated and will be shared with all. The Townies Tribe works hard to make sure our guests have a great experience. I will make sure all see this review.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

While staying at the Beachside Motel, we had several meals delivered there from Townies Pizza, which was recommended by people at the front desk. I can't get the blue cheese chips off my mind. They were absolutely delicious. The Greek salad and garlic knots were also very good. The pizza was above average. Delivery sometimes took an hour, but delivery estimates provided when I ordered were always accurate. We will use Townies again if back in the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

OK, Tonight I gave them another try after being disappointed a number of times coming here. Honestly I first called another pizza place that I like and didn't get an answer on the phone, so I was wanting pizza so I thought I would give Townies another chance.
That was just the wrong thing to do, I called and ordered a specially pizza large and some of their Monkey Knots for pickup well I drive all the way down there to pick it up bill was over $32.00, price was ok for want I ordered. I get home and open the pizza box I only have a peperoni pizza and monkey knots. Well I call them and ask to speak to a manger I did with no real satisfaction

klabackam, Owner at Townies Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Appreciate the candid review and I will share this with the Tribe this is not the experience we want . In fact we try and open the box for every takeout order before the guest leaves the restaurant so we can make sure the order is correct. No excuses here "Perfect Pizza Every Time", is our motto. PIZZA! One Luv!