1,580 results
All reviews fire pit two bedroom suite full kitchen putting green amelia island nature trail creek greenway small kitchen free shuttle free breakfast two blocks walking distance to the beach hot tub great place to stay breakfast area short drive clean hotel
Reviewed 23 November 2017

The location of our room made this trip "average", at best. Eventually, after our checkout, the management made this situation better, but I cannot give this review anything higher than an average rating.

Cheers and a shout out to the two night desk ladies during our Sat night stay on Nov 4. They were quite nice to our little dachshunds and we shared rescue dog stories and photos.

The hotel is located walking distance from the beach, but is crowded in a deep lot space right on busy and noisy Sadler Road. Not as well lit as I would like at night, there are locking external doors which require a room key. This last point, coupled with the fact that the back parking lot is literally the entrance to a green area walkway, gave me a somewhat hesitant feeling to go it alone, as the pet walk area was located here (no bags in the Fido House receptacle on two day) .

There is a separate space near the veranda for smokers, bicycles are available for visitors (we didn't use)

Our corner room was beautifully designed and a serious upgrade from older Residence Inn models. Pendant lighting and granite countertops and bar seating made the kitchen seem bigger. A separate dressing area with closable door made the one-bedroom feel bigger to me. Hot water in the shower was tepid, at best. Add to that we were literally on the pool deck AND busy Sadler Road, made the fact that our room location was nowhere near quiet and restful.

Neither of the flat-tvs delivered a viewable Netflix offering, but the thought was there. Internet was quick and easily accessed.

Breakfast was ok, but grits were runny and service was poor.

It wasn't our cup of tea.

Room tip: get away from busy pool area and far away from noisy Sadler Road
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank baxter703
RIAmeliaIsland, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Baxter703,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future guests. Again, I am very sorry for the less than average stay you had with us. This is certainly not our standard as we strive to make every guest experience and memorable, pleasurable, and enjoyable one and we clearly fell very short this time around.

We do hope you will allow us another opportunity if your travels bring you and your fur-babies back to the area.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Selected the Residence Inn for an overnight get away based upon the reviews and location. Was not disappointed! Everything was great from start to finish. Checking in was easy and appreciated the room upgrade!! Staff was super friendly and competent, offering helpful suggestions. The room was spacious, in perfect order, and very quiet. Breakfast was a cut above the standard hotel fare. We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this property.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear 7mlf,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience while staying with us here at Residence Inn Amelia Island. We are so pleased that not only did you find us from reviews, but also chose to share with future guests just like yourself. We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We were in for a family funeral so it's not like we didn't already have enough going on. We got in early so we just stopped by to see if they could possibly get us in a little early. Sandra was very helpful, very friendly and found our 2 bedroom right away for us. I barely gave her my name and she had us checked in, gave us great directions and made sure we had everything we needed. Our entire staff, Sandra and all of the staff were professional, courteous, waited on us hand and foot. The breakfast was well stocked, a great variety, very hot and clean. I would pay for the breakfast $15 for the buffet provided. All the servers bent over backwards to keep the tables clean, the food stocked and the atmosphere comfortable. The room was top notch, very executive. I would live there honestly. this is my second time here in 2 months and I will certainly be back, but of course, Sandra said I have to wear a "different" college team shirt.... we will see Sandra, we will see!!

Room tip: I have stayed in the one bedroom and the 2 bedroom. With 6 people, I did not feel crowded in either.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RIAmeliaIsland, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Lape0504,

I am so sorry for your loss but appreciative of our staff for helping make this not-so-great occasion a little easier for you and your family. Sandra is a wonderful addition to our Front Desk team, striving to make each guest' stay unique and special. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and future guests and we hope to see you again on a much happier visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just spent five nights at the Residence Inn Amelia. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast area and offerings are one of the best in the Marriott chain. The accommodations are new and well-appointed. The location is excellent - an easy 5-minute walk to the beach and near shops and restaurants. Our golden retriever stayed with us on our trip. The staff was extremely welcoming to our dog. We will definitely return and recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear StopAndDrinkTheWine,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future guests! Your recommendation and future plans to return are the reason we do what we do every day. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We had a block of rooms reserved here for our daughter's wedding this past weekend. While my husband and I have been to this hotel on another occasion, we, and all of our other family members, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The GM, Olivia Hobilt, made it a point to chat with each of us at breakfast both mornings. Lovely hotel with made to order breakfast included. We'll be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family