4,948 results
All reviews sunrise cafe nature center falcon's nest marche burette golf cart natural slice the main hotel oceanside restaurant amelia island conference center segway tour pool area shuttle service self parking ocean view beautiful property family vacation
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Booked and paid for a "Premium" room and checked in 45 minutes after check in and was given a "deluxe" room with no mention of the downgrade. After several challenges and lies by the Manager, she confirmed that we were given a deluxe room but would give us a free breakfast as a trade off....really ticked me off. In a second discussion, she admitted overbooking and having no premium rooms available, yet people standing in line behind me at 6:00 pm were being given rooms....I guess I looked stupid and naïve and willing to take a screwing without making a scene. Lying and covering and not treating the customer fairly is a really bad practice. No matter how good the resort was after that, can't overcome a lying manager that I had to beg to treat me fairly. Phil the Bell staff was great and got to witness 1st hand a poor Manager/Front desk operations. Overbooking should not be allowed. I had to prepay with no refunds allowed while the Omni had the right to screw the customer. Luckily, I knew the difference in rooms and room rates or I would have quietly got screwed out of $200

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Marcburg
Reviewed 17 August 2018

This was our third stay at the resort. We love it. We have only stayed in the 'serviced' Villas, never the hotel room. Unfortunately, luck comes into play. Some of the Villas are very tired, poor views or noisy (from service areas or AC units. Others are fabulous, very well furnished by their private owners with great views over the ocean. A tired villa can be refurbished then be great or vice-versa if owners delay reinvesting. Paying more hasn't always given us a better villa, just a better view.
The resort itself is 5 Star.

Room Tip: Be lucky with allocation
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank D590OMdavidm
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My family has been coming here for almost 30 years, and we love it. The Omni has done a fantastic job of taking over, too -- good food, great staff, and great maintenance of an enormous (and beautiful property). The Nature Center, in particular, has been a standout this year. It's always been great, but the staff there just keeps getting better. Graceann, in particular, has been just amazing with our 6-year-old daughter -- who loves animals and is having a blast being a junior naturalist.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawn A
Reviewed 16 August 2018

To many activies closedGrounds and bike trailer are great Many food options but seem to be quite expensive Did the Segway tour which was very nice and also horse back on the beach which we would highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daydream115289
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Everything is kept pristine - lots of friendly people both employees and guests - every staff member was extraordinarily helpful and polite. Liked not having to drive around the complex - shuttles were convenient and always available with a short wait. Had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple