Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
FindHotelUS$228
Agoda.comUS$228
StayForLong
2,198 results
All reviews marble hill thermal suite outdoor hot tub sheephaven bay winter wonderland bar food leisure centre guinness bread stunning views beautiful hotel from start to finish first class relaxing break relaxation room santa experience superior room out of this world
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2022 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderfully relaxing break at The Shandon.
Myself and a friend treated ourselves to a little overnight spa break to celebrate our birthdays. While there we had lunch in the bar, spent a wonderful afternoon at the Spa and the enjoyed a lovely evening meal.
The facilities are great, the hotel is spotless and the views are breathtaking….
But for me the thing that stood out the most was the staff, from the minute we stepped in the door, until we left, the service we received was second to none, everyone was so friendly and welcoming and could not do enough to help us.
This hotel has a fabulous team who are an absolute credit to the hotel. Especially in these ‘pandemic’ times when everything is just a wee bit tougher, the team at The Shandon made everything a whole lot easier and made this an exceptional visit.
Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carolynne Harrison, General Manager at Shandon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am delighted that we have impressed you. I sincerely appreciate you taking time out to support the team and I in this way. Your positive feedback has been a great boost to our morale!
Thank you for choosing the Shandon and thank you for your continued support!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carolynne & Team

Reviewed 13 January 2022 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times, but I feel the need to review as it never fails to impress me. Previously I was on a girly trip but this was a quiet weekend with my daughter. The staff were friendly and so efficient. The food in Marbles was excellent, I would easily do drive the hours drive time to eat there again and the table service was top class. We did the Thermal suite and had a hot stone massage, and got to use the hot tub privately for 15 mins, these were amazing and set the tone for a lovely relaxing time. The facilities were spotlessly clean. The room we stayed in was the junior suite, really stylish, spacious and super views of the area and definitely worth booking. Over all, excellent value for money, It has the air luxury mixed with lovely Donegal charm, a week later we still miss it.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you sincerely for your wonderful review & support, it truly means the world to the team and I!

Reviewed 13 January 2022

We have stayed multiple times at the Shandon and our experience is always the same - Brilliant and great value! Our friends also were really impressed.

The hotel is great, many areas have been given a make over since our last visit in 2020 and we can't wait to see what the extension to Beats Bar looks like.

All the staff including Reception, Bar, Restaurant and cleaning staff are always very friendly and efficient.

Seaview rooms have the most spectacular views of surf breaking on Marble Hill Strand and waves breaking on rocks further away on Rosguill Peninsula.

Planning our next trip already!

Reviewed 12 January 2022

Firstly before you read this review I shall just say one main thing…do not hesitate in booking this hidden gem of a hotel it will absolutely be one of the best things you shall do!!It’s difficult to know where to start as each part of our journey in the Shandon was exceptional…from the initial booking with the wonderful and patient Emma (on which I had several conversations as booking a group of five and nothing seemed to deter this young lady) to our departure was absolutely delightful… and we really cannot wait to book with another group of friends in the not too distant future…in fact I actually have another booking for next month with my husband(dates to be confirmed) I am extremely excited due to the wonderful stay that we recently had….On our arrival Donna on reception made us feel so relaxed as she greeted us with her wonderful smile and sense of humour and made us feel so so relaxed…We had a little bite of lunch just before we went to the thermal suite where we were greeted by Gi and Eileen who were truly fabulous… actually on my departure I didn’t realise I had lost my chain of which was of great sentimental value and when I had phoned down to the spa first thing in the morning and the wonderful ladies found it and within minutes rang me back and to say I was so immensely grateful would be an understatement!! So a huge thank you to both Gi and Eileen the manager (I presume)…later we had booked a meal in which was nothing less than a totally tantalising and beautiful meal in the restaurant and not to mention the very approachable Matthew whom was extremely attentive throughout the evening and nothing was too much bother…absolutely exceptional service!!! Then to the sad part of our visit which was unfortunately our departure but with the wonderful Joy at reception she was actually a true joy!! We even found out about her beautiful boxer dog… we are all dog lovers!!Really to sum it up if you’re looking to book a beautiful hotel with the most breathtaking views and exceptional service do not hesitate in booking the Shandon hotel and you will not be disappointed…I guarantee you that!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Shandon and thank you for your continued support!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carolynne & Team

Reviewed 9 January 2022

Arriving at the spa, I was given a warm friendly greeting by the lovely Sabrina, followed by a consultation and treatment in the hair salon with Courtney. A very knowledgeable young lady with a keen eye for detail who did an excellent job on my hair while I relaxed watching the waves crash off the cliffs.
Off to the treatment room next for a little impromptu 'clear the decks' treatment. It was amazing!! Rihann is just fabulous at her job and I cannot recommend her enough. I look forward to my next treatment with her.
The spa is a real treat and is run super efficiently by Evelyn. Thanks to Donna for organising

Trip type: Travelled solo