1,327 results
All reviews marble hill thermal suite sheephaven bay outdoor hot tub leisure centre bar food pancake maker guinness bread stunning views seafood platter relaxation room relaxing break first class beautiful hotel my mum second to none out of this world
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at The Shandon,a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. The views are amazing. We made use of all the great facilities including the spa and the leisure centre. There is a great beach right on your doorstep to enjoy. The food was lovely especially the breakfast which was plentiful and varied. With the most friendly staff, the great location and facilities we had a lovely time. This was our second visit and we will most definitely return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
ShandonHotelandSpaGM, Manager at Shandon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Maria

Thank you for kind review and on behalf of team Shandon thanks for logging on and advising other travellers about your great Shandon experience. We are delighted that you had the chance to savour the delights of our Spa and Leisure Centre and the spectacular views over Sheephaven Bay, a little piece of heaven!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future for your third visit, a warm welcome awaits.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We had a great couple of nights in this beautiful hotel . First of all we were upgraded to an executive room , and such a view when you walk in. !!! Wall to wall window overlooking Sheephaven bay and Marble hill strand . Everything in this hotel is lovely . Great food , beautiful rooms , and lovely friendly staff , every one of them . We can't wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
ShandonHotelandSpaGM, Manager at Shandon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

On behalf of Team Shandon, thank you for your super review. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your Shandon experience with executive room upgrade and we can't wait to have you back!

We are situated in a truly stunning location amidst the natural magical beauty of Donegal and all that it has to offer, our guests continue to be memorised by our breath taking views.

We look forward to welcoming you back as soon as your plans are in place, a warm Shandon welcome awaits.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The room was so old fashion it was the juzz and blues weekend firstly there was no bar staff in the bar upstairs so have to go up and down to the other bar that took 15min to get a drink one 1 bar man it was very busy we had bar food it took over an hour for the food to come out we didn't get offered a wine list there was no water no the table and after all that time it was not worth the money no one came back to ask us if we needed more drinks or desserts the staff where awful it wasn't there fault there was only 2 girls whating tables we spent €255. On a room and bar food when we did make a complaint I was told we will get a free upgrade the next time it was for a 21year wedding anniversary we where very disappointed as I've heard so much about the Shandon but I'll never stay here again when I booked I asked for a new room with a bath this is what I got room102

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ShandonHotelandSpaGM, General Manager at Shandon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest

It should be noted that when I rang you on the 26th September regarding your complaint, you acknowledged that it was exceptionally busy due to the Jazz weekend and in fact, you had anticipated how busy Dunfanaghy would be. It is very unfortunate that you have since sensationalised your allegations by stating that it was the 'worst hotel you ever stayed in' and that the room was old fashioned.

During our conversation you only highlighted that when you were seated you were not offered a wine list nor was water served to your table. This is not the standard level of service in our bar area, however had you requested either we would have happily obliged. You highlighted how impressed you were with the male bar man who served you and repeated several times that you understood how busy it was.

Throughout our conversation, I picked up that you had made the assumption that because you were using a gift voucher to pay for your stay that you felt the staff were intentionally treating you less favorably. I confirmed that the team wouldn't even be aware as to what means you were using to pay and this would have no bearing over how you were served.

I believe you arrived with this pre-conceived idea and unfortunately, this remained at the forefront of your mind as you documented any negatives you could possibly find.

At the end of our conversation, I apologised to you and asked you to contact me directly on your next visit so that I could look after you with a complimentary upgrade and a preferential rate, you were stunned and responded, 'is that all, 'normally every hotel I complain to gives me something more than an apology', then you hung up.

In your email complaint, you stated it was your 20th anniversary.... the amount of years you are married also seems to have taken legs.

I'll take comfort in the fact that your views are diametrically at odds with the views of many and solace in the reality that we done our best for you, however you expected a refund on the voucher that was gifted to you for no good reason.

Warmest Regards
Carolynne

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

The Shandon Hotel offers a relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings.
We stayed for 2 nights and it was just the break I needed. From the welcome at reception through to the comfortable well appointed bedroom, the friendly and helpful staff and the delicious food, I’m definitely planning my next trip.
We had afternoon tea on our arrival. It was delicious. We ate in the bar where the choice and food was excellent.
Breakfast provided lots of choice and a short walk will take you to Marble Hill Strand where you can walk it off.
I can’t wait to return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review, we are delighted that you chose Shandon Resort and look forward very much to your return visit. We strive for excellence in our hospitality standards and your kind words are testimony to our success.

We are blessed with Marble Hill Strand at our feet, it's an absolute gem. Next time you come to stay you will have to experience our Spa and indulge in some of our heavenly treatments!

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Brilliant two day break at the Shandon
First night excellent meal and completed with an evening with Brian Kennedy.
Breakfasts are very good - their own cured smoked salmon with scrambled eggs excellent.
Pancake machine fascinates the kids.
Visited the spa for an afternoon - again a very relaxing time - view from the pool amazing.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
A very pleasant experience.
Photo is of the seafood platter - maincourse

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests, thank you for choosing Shandon Resort for your recent break away. We have a very energetic passionate team who are commitment to first class hospitality standards and ensuring that all our guests have an amazing guest experience.

We are delighted that you had a chance to relax and spend time in our fabulous Spa which is a heavenly retreat and a great opportunity to rejuvenate and reenergise.

As soon as your travel plans permit we hope you return to Shandon Resort, assuring you of our continued personal attention.

Warm Regards