“UNEXPECTED TREAT - REALLY GOOD FOOD!!!!”
Review of Landy's Restaurant

Landy's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I certainly had not expected to be treated at this restaurant tonight, hence the title of my review.
My friends Keith and Lori were supposed to leave on a trip tomorrow while I would take care of their dogs. However, something happened and right now their trip is temporarily postponed, yet they were still kind enough to want to treat me to dinner.
Shannon was our waitress, very friendly but could have been more attentive since she did get a few items wrong.
I had ordered the MUSSELS WITH LINGUINE SPECIAL with white wine sauce and lots of garlic, which also came with a cup of soup and a trip to the Salad bar. I picked the Split Pea soup.
Keith just wanted the ALL YOU CAN EAT SOUP AND SALAD BAR, only to be told they no longer offered that, but he could still get the all you can eat salad bar with just one cup of soup, and he chose the CHICKEN FLORENTINE soup.
Lori wanted the SALMON (well done) and a Baked Potato, she too got a choice of soup and a trip to the salad bar. She also wanted the SPLIT PEA soup.

As soon as the soups arrived, Keith immediately noticed that the order was wrong and brought it to Shannon's attention, who promptly remedied it with the right soup. Again she made a mistake bringing Lori a side of rice instead of the ordered Baked Potato, but she claimed that was the kitchen's error. I also had to request extra napkins twice since I do believe she forgot.

So all in all, service could have been better, but we all proclaimed the food excellent!

3  Thank mamamia70

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We met friends there for dinner on Sunday night and absolutely loved it! Drinks were 2 for 1 and the food was delicious. I had the stuffed mushrooms and hubby had a pasta dish that he said was the best he's had since we moved here 3 months ago. It was a penne pasta with chicken, sausage (BEST he's EVER had!) and mushrooms. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

When I called on the phone to make reservations I asked if they had a real chef in the kitchen. The hostess told me that he was willing and ready to make our dinner something to "write home about"!
So, I saw "Fresh Grouper" on the menu and also saw "Chicken & Veal Picata"... So, I asked & was very happy with the Grouper Piccata! And to top it off, the outside dining area is beautiful! We had a great meal & an excellent dining experience!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to try Landy’s for an early Sunday dinner and were so glad we did.
There’s plenty of parking, even on a crowded night. The hostess greeted us and took us to a booth right away.

There’s several dining room options from outdoor covered patio to cozy booths and another room with tables and chairs. There’s also a cozy bar area.

Our booth was just off the bar and next door to the salad bar room. The salad bar was abundant and clean. In addition to the standards, we found roasted peppers, stuffed grape leaves, pasta salad, pickled cabbage salad, fresh bread and more. There was a choice of several dressings.

My dining companion ordered the lamb shank dinner; it came with Greek potatoes, the salad bar and a cup of soup. I decided to go with the It’s All Greek platter that included spanakopita, moussaka, and a Greek salad. It also came with a trip to the salad bar and a cup of soup.

When we got back from filling our plates at the salad bar, our Greek chicken egg lemon soup was waiting for us. The soup was yummy and a great start to the meal. We enjoyed our salad plates as we waited for the main course. My companion went back for more grape leaves and cabbage salad.

When his lamb shank arrived, the meat just fell off the bone. He said “Yum” as he dug in.

My trio of Greek specialties was SO good. I was also getting full from all the delectable starters, and could only eat half the spanakopita and moussaka. I would go back for a do-over. The spanakopita was crispy and filled with cheese and spinach. The moussaka was creamy on top with distinctive layers of eggplant, ground beef, and sliced potatoes.

Too full to explore the dessert menu, we decided we’ll just have to come back. Our server was lovely throughout our meal, checking in to be sure all was ok and refilling our drinks a few times. A meal at Landy’s is highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had another fabulous dinner at Landry's restaurant last night. What a great salad bar! The best variety in the area. The veal parmesan was cooked perfect and really more than we could eat. The owners of this fine restaurant are a hard working and personable couple who put their customer first in all of their operation. The menu is the most extensive we have ever seen. If you can't find what you are looking for you just aren't hungry.