“Homemade pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife and parents. Good selection of entrees on the menu. I had the gnocchi which were very good. Wife had stuffed shells, she couldn't eat them all. Mom had gluten free pasta, which she enjoyed. Dad had meat filled ravioli. Everyone left happy.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Back in town to visit mom and Nicola's was on the must do list. No wait to get in and seated. Prompt wait staff. Veal parmesan was totally yummy. The canoli...oh the canoli! See you next month.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Not bad, but wouldn’t return anytime soon. Food came out warm, not hot. It was Loud, and service was slow. When we were served, it seemed rushed. Overall, the food was “mediocre at best.” This was our third or fourth time here, just figured we would give them a fair chance before we rated the place on TA. Don’t get be wrong, food was “OK.” The price was $$$ for the quality and service. When I think of Nicola’s, I keep thinking “Tourist Trap.” When I think about the food quality, I think you missed the boat when it comes to good Italian food. Lastly, no, we didn’t want more, but when I learned about the charge for a second bread basket, those small garlic breads that look like “pretzel nuggets”....I thought, definitely a “Tourist Trap.” We both LOVE Italian Food. We own and live here Oct to Jun. We both are realistic people and are not afraid tom pay for “good food.” Our opinion, Nicola’s is “Tourist Trap.” Sorry, maybe we will feel better at another time.. should we return.

1  Thank Bill S
Rina R, Owner at Nicola's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words. Our tourist trap has been here for 27 years because of our loyal locals. As you must know, if you only cater to the tourists, one will never survive in this town. We are proud of our quality and authenticity and consistency. We are not for everyone so perhaps one of our many awesome restaurants in this area are more suited for you and your tastbuds. Thank you for your review. I have shared it with our staff.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

FANTASTIC again! Loved the veal parm, first time for me but mother in law loves it. They lent me cheeter glasses so I could read too! Knots are fantastic. We visit every time we are in town! My kids love it too. Gwen is a GEM!

Thank you. Gwyn is a star in our book.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

What a great find in Englewood Florida. We spotted this from the road and stopped for lunch. The place is small and tables close together but still makes one feel like they are in Italy. Owner said good bye and thanked us for stopping. We both had the 1/2 Italian sub lunch special. Sandwich was filled with lots of meat and veggies. Bread was soft and fresh and not chewy.
Wish this was closer as I would love to go for dinner.

Thank you for stopping. Come again when you are in the area.