“Such a nice location and atmosphere, such potential . . . Owners, pay for some kitchen staff. :(”

Doc Myers Island Pub & Sports Bar
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Eastpoint
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I debated to write a review. We've been going to St.George Island for 6 years now and wanted to try the newer Doc Myers. .
Message to the Owners: We L_O_V_E your design, decor, and feel of your establishment. However, You exist in a small community. If you do not or can not offer decent pay for kitchen staff and create an inefficient and unpleasant work atmosphere the word will be out that Doc Myers is not a place to seek a job. I think it may already be too late based on what we see. Loose 6 of the 12 TVs and pay for the best kitchen staff so food orders can get out to your customers more quickly. Also, it seems you are cutting corners and food quality/quantity is dwindling. We want to see you succeed, but get some help on how to manage. You have such great potential.

I debated to write a review. We've been going to St.George Island for 6 years now and wanted to try the newer Doc Myers. What a great idea and location. Sadly, they are struggling as you may see from other reviews. Our estimate of food and service is much the same as other reviews.

3  Thank Jay N

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Items order never arrived. Slow. Staff did not seem to have any urgency. That should be reserved for the guests.

2  Thank castruck2000
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Nice place if you like to drink which me and my family are non drinkers. Corn hole and other games to make the time fly since the food takes forever. Warning: if you are going to this place for dinner, don’t. We ordered our food at 7:25, at 8:30 no food and no service from our waiter. Biggest disappointment at St. George Island. Food was awful, very small portions, I had the fish tacos which I believe to be minnows as the fish of the night. My nephew had Shrimps tacos and these were also small (2 shrimp per taco.). My brothers meal was forgotten and he had to wait another 2o minutes to get his food after an hour wait already. No apologies from the staff or our waiter. Needless to say, I wanted to call the manager over to complain, however, with my extended family in tow I did not want to make a scene. However, I will not EVER recommend this establishment to anyone visiting St. George Island. A wasted $86 on crap and crappy service.

3  Thank Mary_E_Warren
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Worst service I HAVE ever experienced in a bar type atmosphere. If I had it to do over again I would have cooked dinner for myself. The service sucks.! And do not order the Fish tacos no matter what the waitress tells you

2  Thank KevinK1972
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am 14 years old and I came with my family to the restaurant. On the menu it said wait is at least 45 minutes. Though they the wait is long, they did have cornhole and other outside games. We got there at 7 and got our food at 8:40 and left at 9:10. We did not leave with full stomachs. There is little food on the plates. It is not too pricy. The service was bad. They have a tiki theme which is pretty cool. In the end I would recommend you to not go there.

3  Thank bwarren033