All reviews old florida st george island room was clean peacocks roam relaxation laptop
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We visited this place and brought our camper. The staff is nice, but the vibe is just weird. The water is not fit for anything and smells strongly of sulfur. The view is nice as long as you are looking at the bay and not the establishment. The grounds are not maintained and it stinks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

As I was walking to the Motel office from my car I felt a weird vibe. I should have followed that vibe back in to the car and drive far away! A bunch of old creepy men standing around the property. I couldn't tell if they lived there or just locals that hang out there. The place is run down with no real organization or parking area. Peacocks roam the grounds. Owner was nice but seemed a bit overwhelmed at check in. The room was clean and neat. I didn't sleep at all with the peacocks yelling all night and a bed that sank to the floor. I felt like I was going to be kidnapped in the middle of the night and be made into pork sausage. The only reasons I stayed was my Partner wanted to stay and a few Bud Lights helped me along the way.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Our room faced west on the water. Great, beautiful view of the sunset. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The peacocks and other friendly animals running around the property was a bonus. The owners were friendly and very helpful. Close to beautiful beaches, live entertainment, mini putt, and great restaurants.

Stayed: May 2017
4  Thank Hank P
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I loved Sportsmans Lodge. Clean and comfortable. Slept like a baby. Loved the peacocks and squirrels. Owners are very nice people. Beautiful sunsets on the Bay. Close to everything. Beaches at St. George Island is right across the bridge. Cap San Blas 40 min drive and worth the drive. Got to eat at the Pesky Pelican. Can watch Sunrise and Sunset from deck and great food. We have 2 more trips booked to stay here in May and July. I can't wait.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bgmr7558
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This place is unusual. Not a 5 star hotel or chain motel. The rooms are large, comfortable, and very clean. The grounds need some attention, but the setting is very nice with a beautiful view. There are peacocks wandering the property and they are entertaining and pretty. There was plenty of room to walk our dog. The people who own the lodge are really nice and very helpful. The wifi was being updated and was off and on. The television was new, flat screen and the cable was adequate with all of the sports channels. The furniture is not new, but was comfortable. We were there during the week for 4 days and it was really quiet. I wish we had time to stay longer!

Room Tip: We liked having a kitchenette (which was pretty much a full kitchen).
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple