“Great Catfish and Seafood”

Stumpknockers Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018

They are famous for their all you can eat catfish but the normal menu dinner is plenty for a hearty appetite , served with corn on the cob , hush puppies and fries it IS a meal. They also have tremendous seafood platter with shrimp oysters fish and scallops and if you can eat it all you must be a giant. Great variety of other items if seafood is not your passion , chicken chops steak. this location is an adventure with the eclectic décor including real alligator skins as a reminder they serve alligator bites a novelty location with interesting items hung about and with great food and service

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Went with friends. They ask for reservations but will seat without them. Food was good and reasonable. Good portions. I had the seafood platter. White fish filet, shrimp, scallops, hushpuppies and a crab cake. The crab cake had little crab flavor but the rest was very good.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Stumpknockers has been a long-standing locally owned restaurant with a reputation of serving great home cooked Florida style meals. I ordered a crab cake dinner with a sweet potato and green beans. I also started with a cup of clam chowder. The chowder was very good. I've had better crab cakes, but they were decent and had a nice flavor and a decent amount of crab. The service was very good as well. I sat outside under the canopy with the local cats! It was climate controlled with fans and heaters, which we did not need that evening. I don't remember having to fight any bugs either. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We met with some family friends for Birthday supper. We eat at Stumpknockers 2-3 times a year and there were no complaints food wise from anyone. The gator tail, catfish, shrimp, and steaks were enjoyed by all. The reason for 4 stars was service. It was just a tad off and she let our drinks go empty a couple of times. But we’ll be back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

nice place, good food but not quite as good as the one on the river. parking can be challenging. avoid the ice tea, not too good.