“Peaceful afternoon lunch on the river.”

Swampy's Bar & Grille
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Swampy’s Bar & Grille in Dunnellon, Florida! Looking over the beautiful Rainbow River from our restaurant deck, you can enjoy and understand the inspiration which created Swampy’s. It is the raw beauty of the Florida river swamp with a few extra conveniences added – Swampy’s great food and drink. If you arrive early enough, you may observe the family of otters that swim, eat, and live right here at Swampy’s river bank. As early afternoon arrives, you view local residents and tourists lazily floating down the river in tubes, kayaks, canoes, and a few boats. As the day ends, and the sun sets, you may again observe the family of otters venture out to enjoy their river dinner, as you enjoy yours.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Peaceful afternoon lunch on the river. Took the normal Tuesday Lunch Bunch. I had the fish & Chips (Very good) guy to my right, had the Rueben Sandwich with Beans and Rice, he must have liked it, his plate was empty! The Guy to my left had a Shrimp Po'Boy - said it was good. And across from me he also had a wrap! Very good, with great service, and great food.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018

After a family hike on the Florida National Scenic Trail in the nearby Pruitt Trailhead, we stopped here for lunch. So, glad that we did! The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was relaxing with a great view and live music and the service provided by Candice was very attentive and prompt. We loved sitting on the deck by the river...we all felt the same....like we were on vacation! Food was delicious, I had the crab cakes with the red beans and rice. I also had a cup of their seafood gumbo. All was delicious! My wife had the shrimp po-boy and she loved it...the batter on the shrimp was light, crunchy & yummy. Our son had a cheeseburger and enjoyed it, especially the French fries. Our daughter, had the chicken tenders and enjoyed her's, as well. The one thing we couldn't stop talking about was our appetizer. We order 10 of the Bayou Wings and we all were fighting for the last ones. lol Wishing we had ordered more! They were cooked perfectly...crispy on the outside, tender chicken inside and the flavor...excellent. Our kids want to come back just for the wings. They were DELICIOUS! Nowadays, it seems like it's hard to find a place with good food, good service, and good vibe...atmosphere. Swampy's has it all and we will be back very soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2018

When you are in beautiful Florida, nothing is more appealing than to dine outside and enjoy the weather. We ate here for the first time on a Sunday night. We opted to wait for the highly sought after, river side tables, and it was worth it. What a peaceful view. The solo artist singer was amazing. Unfortunately he stopped at only 5:00. What a shame! I will certainly plan my visits around when they have live music. The setting is very laid back with both covered open air dining and outside tables. The food was OK, as well. We ordered frozen cocktails which were not shy on the liquor. Over all I give an "A" for outside dining atmosphere and a" B-" for the broiled fish (Im gluten free so it was nice to have the option but was definitely missing flavor). Unfortunately I would also give them a "C-" for the portion. Very Small portion of fish. I will try another menu option next time but I still feel between the music and outside dining, its a great place.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

It;s obvious why this place is so over-priced for the portions you get. It's right on the water with a huge outdoor patio. The locals flock here for the bar action. The servers are wonderful and the bartenders couldn't be friendlier. The hostess at the door definitely needs training. Fumbling around at the door and wandering around the dining area just slows things down. They can't keep track of what tables are available and when. Portion sizes here are way too small and plate presentation is lacking. Our server says the owner is in the kitchen and just yells at everyone. Maybe that is the problem? alligator was cold, tough, and flavorless. Chicken plate was just a plate of deep fried chicken bits for $15! They defnitely need someone in the kitchen who knows what they are doing so warm ceviche does not get served. It took 20 minutes to get another round of drinks to the table. Maybe it is the little children running up and down the aisles that prevent the servers from delivering drink orders on time?

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Great way to spend a lazy afternoon, enjoy good food, music and watching people, boat, kayak and tube down the Rainbow River