“Always excellent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tastes like good southern home cooking. Great fried chicken. Their Greek salad is huge and delicious. The best pies in the area, especially the peanut butter! Huge meringue pies too! Great breakfast too!

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Down home (down south) cooking at it's best. There's not many places serving liver and onions. They do and it's tender and tasty. Of course, you have to leave room for desert. There pies are all excellent.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

It was my first time in this quaint little place. The waitresses run themselves crazy making sure you have what you need. The food was surprisingly EXCELLENT. We had the surf and turf and both items were perfectly prepared. I am gluten free and its always a bonus to eat somewhere where 1) the waitresses are familiar with the term "gluten" and 2) there are items on the menu that I can eat (other than salad). The pies are like nothing I've ever seen before. The slices are HUGE and they are 6 inches high. Unfortunately, they had no gf options for pies. I would strongly recommend at least one option made gf if they are looking to expand their customer base....by by the looks of their parking lot, they probably isn't necessary. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

The Front Porch is one of those places that exudes charm. It gets quite busy, so prepare to wait a few minutes. I went with my wife on a Sunday night. It was busy but we were quickly seated. I'm told that the busy season is just beginning. The hostess and the waitress were very friendly and professional. I ordered the fried chicken, corn casserole, sweet potato, mashed potatoes with gravy. The fried chicken was excellent. The corn casserole was okay at best, the rest of the veggies were good. My wife had fried shrimp with baked potato, hush-puppies, coleslaw, and green beans. The fried shrimp were oily, but well cooked. The baked potato had not been sliced, so it wasn't fluffy but instead rather dense. The green beans were horribly overcooked, to the point where they dissolved in your mouth. One hush puppy was perfectly cooked but oily, the other was under cooked and oily. The coleslaw was excellent. I'm told the meatloaf is excellent, however they were sold out at 5:30 pm.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Any restaurant that features comfort food an pies is a must try. It did not disappoint. Good variety with my favorite pot roast that needs no knife. We were full so split desert pie. Try it you will like it....