“Amazing fried chicken and the best pie you will ever eat!”

The Front Porch Restaurant & Pie Shop
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I stumbled on to this gem of a restaurant searching for good fried chicken in the Inverness, FL area. I am so glad I did! The fried chicken is to die for but doesn’t hold a candle to the pie. The crust melts in your mouth. I’ve never tasted anything like it. I come to this area about once a year and this will now be on my must do list every time I come. It is a family run business and everyone is so friendly. Very cute atmosphere as well.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

You are treated like family at the Front Porch Restaurant & Pie Shop. The food is old fashioned, the way your Grannie used to make it. The pies are to die for. For those (like myself) fried liver is actually on the menu too.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

No way will you find a better restaurant in all of Citrus County. No way! The corn nuggets are awesome! The choc/coconut cream pie is a killer, the Greek salad is to die for, fried chicken is incredible, and the pecan pie was amazing! Just buy one of everything! If you’re near his place you have to go. The staff are friendly, it’s a local feel that has kept its quaintness.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I was disappointed with my breakfast mead. The grits seemed to be instant. The coffee tasted weak. Service was okay but not outstanding. The biscuit was very good but eggs were somewhat overdone. I wouldn't go back - too many other breakfast places that are better. Over-rated.

ser

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This restaurant is great! Food is delicious. Staff is always friendly, but don't go expecting to be in and out quickly. We have been several times and each time takes at least 2 hours. We've never left within a 2 hour time frame (for dinner) - and that's even when they're not busy. I love fresh food, but I feel like you can offer fresh food at a little faster pace. However, we still go, we just go with the expectations of it taking 2 hours and aren't in a rush. Their chopped steak is delicious and their sides are great. Real home cooked food! And their pies! Wow the selection of pies! Amazing how many different varieties you can have! I also think they're a bit on the more expensive side. I feel like you can get home cooked meals like this at other places, for a cheaper price - but again - this doesn't keep us from going.