“Mexican Dishes with a Unique Flair”

La Paz Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #115 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We had a nice meal here while at the beach. For a drink I had a Blood Orange Margarita which was one of the best non-traditional margarita flavors that I have ever had. For dinner I had the Tamales which had some flavor combinations that I had not experienced before but was really tasty. The were steamed jalapeño cheddar tamales with almonds, raisins and red chile sauce. The waitress was attentive and the food came out quick. A great meal all around.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

There was no doubt the blood orange margaritas had tequila in them! The homemade chips were amazing. The chile con queso was the best ever. And the entrees were awesome. I can't stop raving about this place! You need to go!!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We arrived around 5:30 for dinner. There were only about 3 other families there, but about 30 minutes later, the place was packed! The chips and salsa were both fresh. Also, the prices were good considering the large portions served.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Food is consistently great, atmosphere is always upbeat, Tuesday nights the locals always show up for live music. Great place for families to all enjoy great food from a true local restaurant.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We don't leave Destin until we visit La Paz....my guys love the fish tacos and I love the chicken chimi, fajitas, salsa verde and guacamole. Drinks are awesome too! I tell ALL my friends and family to come here when they are in town, nothing else compares for Mexican food!