“Dirty and bad service.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Houston, Texas
“Dirty and bad service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel during spring break for four days. Thinking of the fine reputation of this chain of hotels my expectations were reasonable, however, it was extremely dirty, both the inside and outside of the rooms. The couch had missing the seat pillows and had dried liquid stains, not sure of what. Most rooms had college students on spring break so it was very very loud at night, lots of alcohol and trash in the parking lot and halls. First night I reported the loud noise, the gentleman at the counter who identified himself as the manager stated to me it was “spring break” and did nothing about the noise. Second issue I had, when I checked in I paid in full for the four days, however, they charged my card twice. When I brought it up to their attention the next day, the Manager stated that these things “happen” and was unsympathetic and told me I had to bring it up to the bank and there was nothing they can you about it. Eventually I contacted the bank and they stated the Hotel need it to initiate the credit on my card. I won’t be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Oxford, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4days and 3 nights. We didn't stay in our rooms much. Of course just in the mornings to get ready for our day. At mid day if we wanted to take a nap. And rarely at night since we were either fishing or taking night photos off the beach. The Room was Clean. Couch was fine, Bed was clean.. no bugs.. no fleas or bed bugs. Bathroom was clean.. bug free as well. Bed was alright.. not as comfortable as my own but that was expected. I did have to ask for an extra pillow and the maid was nice enough to give me two. We kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door but every morning when we stepped out of our room the maid on our floor would ask if we needed anything.. I appreciated that. We did not deal with the front desk staff very much and when we did they were polite. They didn't have a first aide kit, but dollar general is a walking distance away. The outlet is a walking distance too, as well as the beach. We enjoyed the walk to the beach and my only complaint about that would have to be the overgrown bushes and "stuff" on the sides of the pathway. The pool didn't look like it was cleaned on a daily so we didn't get in the pool. It wasn't disgusting but not clean either. We only had breakfast there once and it was fine.. except for the Orange Juice. Something about it was just not right. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Overall I would not mind returning. I didn't have any of the bad experiences that some people did. The place is a bit old so don't expect too much. Other than that I had a good stay.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask to be placed away from the elevators. You can hear the elevator be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina X
Terrytown, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I really do not understand how this place is still in business. Our hotel room was filthy,the couch was broken and the carpet matted. My son actually got sick from all the germs and we had to take him to the urgent care. The beach "access" is a ramp made of broken wood with nails sticking out. It is a long trek to the beack. The "breakfast" was stale bagles, muffins and weak coffee. Not even the creamers were fresh. Please look elsewhere for your family's saftey.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
White Pine, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I came to this hotel in hopes of an awesome vacation with me and 3 and friends. It started out with great service and short walk to the beach and room appeared to be clean. But after my friends and I came back to the room to take a nap after we spent a few minutes at the beach we were awaken to lots and lots of bed bugs!!! And when telling the front desk lady she offered to change us rooms ON THE SAME FLOOR!!!!! But after some thought me and my friends decided we didnt wanna stay in a hotel with a bunch of bed bugs that could possibly come home with us!!! So i went and asked for a refund and this time the SO CALLED MANAGER JEFF!!!! was very rude and wen i explained the situation to him he tried saying that they were FLEAS!!!! WHAT A TERRIBLE MANAGER!!!! HE DIDN'T EVEN GO TO THE ROOM TO SEE FOR HIM SELF!!!!!!! JUST SAYING I WILL NEVER STAY AT A RAMADA AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!! I'D RATHER SPEND AND EXTRA 20 BUCKS A NIGHT AND STAY AT AN AMAZING PLACE RIGHT ON THE BEACH THAT IS CLEAN AND HAS WAY BETTER MANAGEMENT THAT ACTUALLY HAS PEOPLE SKILLS (SUCH AS THE HOLIDAY INN)!!!!!!!!! HONESTLY THE MAIDS WERE NICER TO ME THAN THE MANAGER WAS AND THEY DESERVE TO BE IN MANAGEMENT OVER JEFF!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away unless u want bed bugs in ur own home and show the manager jeff a picture of a flea so he...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank draftingchick
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

It was my friend's graduation present and we went down there for a week. It was a great time and it was fun to be so close to the beach. The boardwalk is super close to the hotel. The pool and hottub were amazing. They had a warm pool that was heated...it was amazing. I would suggest this hotel for anyone that is visiting the Destin area.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the patio towards the beach. It is great to wake up in the morning and step outside...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends