“Seafood dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Great views, great service and great food. We ordered the Mediterranean Grouper and it was excellent. Try their Dewey lemonade, refreshing with a kick.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We went to Dewey Destine's Harborside restaurant chasing down the Royal Red Shrimp (which had been recommended to us to try while in Destin). The shrimp was goooood but the restaurant was GREAT. We set on the deck; it was raining outside but we were dry as can be on the inside on the deck. I had the Mediterranean Grouper (the fish was great but there were too many olives on it for my taste; when the plate was taken away after the meal, it still had a mound of olives on it [hindsight says I should have taken a picture]). The crab legs were good; the fried soft shell crab platter was good; the fried cheese grits (appetizer) was GREAT. I'd return here on another visit to Destin.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Very limited parking at the harbour side restaurant. We had Four in our group. I had bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp. Other 3 had seafood plates. My stuffed shrimp we're excellent, but a tad greasy. Shrimp on the seafood plates was quite good. Scallops only so-so, fish was dry and hard. (Much better at Floyd's Shrimp House and better price.) Was somewhat disappointed after all I had heard.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Dewey's was a nice place to sit along the harbor and enjoy a good meal. There was inside and outside seating available. The service was great, wait time was very reasonable and the food was great. Dress was casual. My wife and I really enjoyed our meal and the view outside over the harbor was great. Make sure you go to the Harborside Dewey's for this view as there is another Dewey's off Calhoun that is much smaller.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews and got the impression this was one of the better restaurants in Destin. Several of us walked from the hotel about 200 yards away and we were greeted as we walked up the dusty road to the restaurant with an overwhelming “out in the heat” dead fish smell. With that pleasant foretaste, we commenced standing in line in the humid September heat in an order at the window, paper cup type scenario, hoping there is a table when you get your food outside ....type ambiance. (The best in Destin?) As we fought with the roaches for the table, only one of the three of us ate what was ordered. I passed on the “over greased” stuffed shrimp and another passed on the crab legs fighting the whole way for a morsel of food once finally cracking these things. (Don’t order if hungry!) Just was not worth the effort after one of the roaches got there first. Not to be unfair let me comment the beer was cold! Has to be something better in Destin!