“Good fresh food”

Cafe - Gelato - Panini
Ranked #14 of 17 Dessert in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

The panini was made fresh for us with fresh ingredients making it a tasty sandwich. The bread was quite good. They have wine here and great handmade coffee drinks as well as wonderfully fresh gelato. The ambience is coffee house hole in the wall. Service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

Nice ice cream and coffee spot located just west of the beach on Atlantic Avenue. Friendly staff! We ordered ice cream and she was most helpful with our questions about the flavors!

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Our family visited this cafe by accident during a rainy day on a weekend visit to Delray. Clearly, they are under new ownership, since previous reviews describe a completely different experience. The staff was very friendly, the coffee was lovely, and the mellow jazz added a relaxing feel to the rainy afternoon.

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

Hubby and I went for lunch with a groupon- we both got pano is which were a tad pricey- we could have split one for $11.95. They come with barbecue kettle chips which was weird but kind of delicious at the same time. The beers are cheap although the prices are not posted... $6.95 for 24oz beer! They also serve lots of wines so if you're a wine buff, try it out. Gelato was fantastic, but a tad pricey... The hazelnut was to die for. I could eat it every night forever. The owner was there as well testing new recipes for the menu and invited us to try everything he cooked. Overall a fabulous experience. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 3 June 2015

My husband and I wanted to try this place for breakfast, so we popped in Sunday morning about 10:30am. To my surprise, they were out of coffee. Yes, a cafe was out of coffee.

I was directed to Starbucks next door and told I could bring my coffee back to Cafe Gelato Panini without issue. Really? The whole point in going to a cafe for coffee is that it is NOT Starbucks. There is something about the experience of holding a warm, ceramic coffee mug in both hands, and just sipping the coffee as you nibble on your meal. Drinking Starbucks coffee out of a paper cup just isn't the same.

The digital menu boards in the cafe were not working properly, so the counter person handed each of us a paper menu and explained that they were offering "Freestyle breakfast crepes". I'm in! I ordered the caprese crepe, but with egg added. My husband ordered the caprese panini along with a strawberry frost. While our meals were being made, I hopped next door to Starbucks (to my dismay, but I did it anyway), and came back with plenty of time to wait for our meals. Mine was served first, and I probably ate about 2/3 to 3/4 of it before my husband's panini was brought out. There was only ONE person working, yet there were 3 couples waiting for food. Of course the food would be poorly timed! How could the guy taking orders also be the guy cooking the food, and be the same guy running orders to tables?

NEWSFLASH to Cafe Gelato Panini -- It's Sunday morning. People want coffee at a cafe. Staff another person rather than making one guy take orders, cook food, and deliver to tables. You'll create happier customers!

Overall, the food was fine. Nothing great, nothing super memorable. The service was as good as it could be, given the circumstances. My husband's panini was pretty skimpy, yet my breakfast crepe was plentiful and tasty.

The ambiance here is quaint and pretty cool, and I'd actually consider coming back in the evening for a glass of wine. Not sure I'd return for breakfast again though.

2  Thank TrvlGrl12