“Spectacular Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Celebrated a friend's birthday dinner here. We were given a hearty welcome from the reception staff. Our table was in a good area. I ordered the seaweed salad for an appetizer. Portion was generous, fairly priced and it was delicious. My dining companion ordered a soup. It was very spicy, causing him to cough. Waitress never asked how everything was, or why his soup was not consumed.

I ordered a special roll which was fantastic. He ordered rainbow roll--also great. Both were fresh, delicious and elegantly presented. I thought $6.75 for a glass of house wine (very small glass) was grossly overpriced. Luckily, waitress never asked if I wanted a refill. We finished with tempura cheesecake, which arrived with a lovely candle. Our water glasses were kept filled, and the ambiance was peaceful and calming.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

The salmon sushi was putrid and inedible. I got sick from the small portion I was able to swallow. The waitress added a very large tip on the handwritten bill. I Now understand why so few people were eating there at 7PM.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

West Delray is not exactly an Asian hot spot to say the least, so we've been thrilled to have Japango here. We love the take out option. Consistently good sushi, great entrees, yummy fried rice and thai entrees as well. But last night.....it literally sunk to the level of standard strip mall take out Chinese. The hot sour soup was neither: I don't think it had been made that day, maybe not even recently. The entree (orange beef) was greasy, heavy and had little to no flavor of orange. We're NOT picky eaters and we actually threw it all away. Worse yet, it wasn't ready anywhere near in time. Please tell me it was a trainee running the kitchen! Normally my ratings would be "very good", but not for this visit. You deserve to know when your loyal customers are disappointed; please give me an opportunity to change this rating!

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

It is convenient to the movie (but so are several others in the DELRAY Market Place) but not worth the price. The Peking Duck wraps were virtually empty of duck. The spare ribs were slathered in sauce. The shrimp entree was not very good and the fried rice was pedestrian.
All in all we didn't like it very much

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I dine here regularly. Sometimes take out. Sometimes dine in. The food and service is always amazing!! Great sushi!!!