“Food always great outside good people watching inside a bit loud”
Review of City Oyster

City Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
City Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 449 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St
Transit: Free shuttle buses
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We went to City Oyster for my daughters last night in town. Food as always was excellent. The special blackened grouper with black beans and pineapple salsa was my choice and cooked perfectly. The scallop and shrimp Boke was loved and a couple sushi rolls wrapped it up nicely. Monday nights they have a wine down (1/2 price bottles on anything under $99) so we shared a very nice Cloudy Bay from NZ. Outside is always a great place to people watch and so is inside. If you dine inside it can get a bit loud so be prepared for that.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Food is always good quality, waiters are professional. Is a little too loud inside because of the vibrant bar scene.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were seated at our appropriate time and noticed it was a little hot. After asking the AC be lowered, we were told the Ac was broken and being repaired as I asked. It was fixed, but remained warm during our dinner. We started with a $27 bottle of Mark West Pino, and Fish Dip. Both were good. Two shared the Wedge Salad, $13, which was plenty and I had the Spring Lettuces, $9. Reasonable. For entrees, the Fish and Chips. $20, was your typical fish and chips, the Bronzini, $33, good but in a questionable sauce. I had the Local Snapper, $32, which was recommended by our server and proved to be an excellent choice. Service was very good as well. So you wonder why the caption? Simple. The meal was good but nothing really stood out to be memorable. And the place is quite load making normal conversation difficult.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Met 2 friends for lunch today. Our waiter Steve was extremely attentive & kept refilling my soda without asking. Two of us ordered sushi & sashimi bento box that I thought was just OK. The salad that came with it had the dressing mixed together & the salad came out looking sad & wilted. The bento box also came with some kind of extremely spicy salad that I could not eat. My other friend had the crab cake which she said was OK. I tasted it & agreed. Next time I'll try something else.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We were celebrating my husband's birthday during Saturday brunch. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. They even had a special pasta made to order with the ingredients and sauce that he chose. They came at the end of the meal with a dessert on the house and sang "Happy Birthday." He told our waitress that it was the best meal he has ever eaten at that restaurant. I had my usual -- fish and chips which came with a side salad. Delicious! We definitely will be back!