“Good sushi in a special place!”
Review of Cornell Cafe

Cornell Cafe
Ranked #55 of 427 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 June 2016

We're members at Morikami so we go there for a relaxing walk in the gardens frequently. We also visit some just for lunch at the cafe. Cathy had tuna bowl (wonderful tuna tartar on rice with vegetables) and I had a sushi/ sashimi bento box. We're not new to this so we knew it would be great. The setting is perfect, the service prompt and friendly and the food is really good.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I recently moved to Florida and went to the museum with a friend. We strolled through the museum & then had lunch in the Cornell Cafe. The food choices were good and the prices were even better. I noticed my friend received a 10% discount since she was a member. I did join the museum on my next visit since I found there was always something special going on. I recommend the salmon bento box that was quite filling and quite good. I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

The place is within the Moricami museum, so u can get there when visiting the gardens. The restaurant is on the very lovely terrace with wonderful view of the gardens. The food is really good. We had a classic bento box which has a bit of everything, and glazed salmon - so delicious. What I really liked is that the prices a smaller in comparison to other Japanese restaurants. Really worth a visit as you got hungry after long walk in the garden

Reviewed 26 April 2016

There is no way around paying the garden entrance fee of $15 per person to go to this restaurant. That makes it too expensive to eat at.

1  Thank 145MikeC
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We stopped at the Café for lunch after a stroll through the Morikami Japanese Gardens - a busy place; as a result, during the time we were there, it was difficult to attract the attention of the servers

The menu was interesting, but when I asked about gluten-free options, I was told that there were only 3 items on the menu which were suitable for me. I chose the Sushi Sashimi Bento box (the other items were the edamami starter and a salad). Despite having made the point about my gluten-free requirement a couple of times, I had to first attract the attention of a server (not easy) to ask if gluten-free soy sauce was available (I would have thought a pretty basic accompaniment for sushi) and then wait while it was located.

My wife ordered Crab Cake and Bang Bang Shrimp, and Asian Eggplant, both of which she really enjoyed.

While the food quality was good, the very limited gluten-free options affected my rating. Given that it is a Japanese-styled restaurant, I would have thought that it would be possible to increase the number of gluten-free offerings fairly easily, e.g. by using a cornstarch-based batter for tempura dishes (would need to ensure a separate fryer to avoid cross-contamination), or use of gluten-free soy sauce in the preparation of some dishes.