“Welcome Home dinner at the cool De La Vega”

De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria
Reserve with OpenTable
De La Vega Restaurante y Galeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 198 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since we had been traveling for so long we thought we'd go have dinner at a new and wonderful De La Vega and go real early. Yes we were lucky we got there early and found a spot however within 15 minutes the whole restaurant was filled up. We had difficulty deciding what to eat because so many things looked wonderful. Anyhow I had the pesca with vegetables my partner had the chicken with wonderfully arranged veggies and the appetizers were just great I forget now what was in it but the taste was a delight. All three dishes were delicious beyond our expectations and the service was astoundingly quick keeping in mind that all of a sudden the place was full and basically everyone more or less ordered at the same time. I expected for us to wait forever, but no it was astoundingly quick.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We got several small plates and enjoyed all but the hibiscus tacos - which they say are a house specialty - we didn't think they were very special. Everything else we had was very fresh and tasty. The place did not look very clean though so I don't know if we'll go back.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

De La Vega has become a must for those looking for great Mexican food in Deland. Ironically, I’ve visited the restaurant 6 times, counting my most recent meal, and I don’t recall ever giving it a review. So here it goes.

The 3 main things that I look for in restaurants is great good, service and atmosphere. De La Vega has all three. First, the food is amazing. Not only flavorful but fresh. The service is terrific. Super friendly and accommodating. One of he times I dinned at the restaurant one of the persons in my party requested like 4 changes to her food while ordering. I was actually embarrassed by all the change requests. Our waitress did not blink and said that non of the changes would be a problem. The dish came exactly as my friend ordered it. Finally, the atmosphere is great. Festive but relaxed. So yes, De La Vega is an excellent restaurant. Five stars!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I have visited DeLa Vega several times and have always enjoyed it. Although the service is sometimes a little slow, the choice and quality of food makes up for that.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We went to a little bar called Abbeys across the street and asked for a recommendation, they said try this place, what a find! The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was great and we sat outside, so the day was an added plus.