All reviews waffles room was clean front desk dunkin donuts would stay here again hot breakfast convenient location breakfast food fish house check in was quick nice pool area two double beds breakfast area historic district stayed here for one night looked dirty pull out couch
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My sister daughter and I were pleased with this hotel and the room we were in. We were able to check in early and found the room clean, smelled good, and the carpet was clean also. My daughter slept on the pull-out couch and said the mattress was very comfortable she was pleasantly surprised. They had complimentary cookies in the afternoon which was nice to nibble on. This hotel is situated close to a restaurant called The Fish House which had very good food and reasonable prices for the area. Dunkin Donuts and Baskin and Robbins are within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Yay, no smoking in the building at all. All of the staff was friendly welcoming. The room had two comfy queen beds and a full size pull-out couch. We also had a bar sink, small fridge, and microwave.
The location is convenient to the historic district, shop, and restaurants. We would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The best place in Deland. Bonnie Short was very helpful in our stay very clean and comfortable for the price we are on our way to Daytona. Stopped and visited best friend in the world. Really nice breakfast and the staff was awesome.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Pros: Employees 5/5 - very nice, friendly and helpful. Location good. Parking good. Motel is clean. Breakfast typical overall - bacon was excellent. Bathroom OK, water hot, toilet flushed well.

First room I checked into (317) was musty. I would have put up with it for the night, but the front desk texted me and said that if everything wasn’t a 10, let them know. I called them and they upgraded me to a suite (311). There was an issue with the lock on the door, but overall it was good.

Overall 4/5. Never tried wifi. Employees 5/5. Value 4/5 - a bit pricey, especially since there was a little aggravation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel is filled with roaches. The room I stayed in the roaches would scatter once the lights were turned on. Talk about a free hot breakfast with roaches crawling across the counter, I wouldn't dare eat it. If I didn't have any food in my room and they were in there, imagine what's in their Kitchen??? I spoke to the Asst. GM (Derrick) who DID NOT CARE at ALL about my experience and told me that they contract through Terminix which didn't pertain to me. Basically, he told me take the first night as a comp night; his attitude toward me nonchalant after I explained to him that I was never offered to move to another room and that I didn't have anywhere else to go because all hotels were sold out due to Stetson's graduation. I told him that I would post my experience on the website so everyone would know; he had the audacity to tell me I was threatening him by telling him my plans to post this horrific experience for not taking this matter to heart. I replied to him that it was not a threat but a promise that I would post this to social media. The bathtub had mold which I had to buy shower shoes to take a shower with. As soon as the Hampton Inn of DeLand had availability, I checked into their beautiful CLEAN Hotel for the remainder of my stay in DeLand. My advice to anyone is to steer clear of COMFORT INN of DeLand, 400 E Intl. Speedway Blvd and go to the Hampton Inn where employees take pride in their appearance and their GUEST!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank msfrancis2018
Becca M, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - De Land, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are saddened by this review. We love our guests and always strive to deliver exceptional customer service and care. I spoke directly to the manager to follow up on your experience and was informed that there was one maintenance issue on record associated with your stay, which was reconciled immediately. I can assure you that our hotel is clean and welcoming to all. Thank you again.