“Amazing Food, Dirty Bathrooms”

Garcia's Mexican Grill
Ranked #38 of 194 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The food here is wonderful. So far I have tried the chimichangas, two burritos (Tapatio and Texano), and the House Fajita Special for Two (shrimp, chorizo, pork tips, chicken, and steak). They have all been excellent, but my favorite was probably the Burrito Texano. I've also tried their fried cheesecake, which was good. Not amazing, but good. I'll probably go with a different dessert next time. Service is always great and food is always out fast. The decor is bright and cheery and the seating is very comfortable with booths as well as tables.

If I had never seen the bathroom here, I would have rated Garcia's 5 stars. However, I have visited many cleaner and better kept gas station bathrooms. The stench hit me the moment I walked in. It wasn't a "somebody took care of some business"  type of stench. No. It was a "the trash hasn't been taken out in a long while" type of stench. The floors were visibly dirty, the latch was broken on one stall, and the gap between the door and the frame on the only other stall was at least 5 inches wide. The gap faced the bathroom door which leads directly out onto the restaurant floor. Were it not for a strategically placed booth, everyone in the restaurant would be able to see you doing your business whenever the door opened. If this had been a gas station bathroom, I would have been disappointed, but largely unfazed. However, I don't eat at gas stations and I expect any place that I do eat to have much cleaner and better kept bathrooms than this. I can only hope that they pay more attention to the cleanliness and upkeep of their kitchen....

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Love their food! The nachos Locos is my favorite but I haven't had anything I didn't like! The waitstaff is hit or miss, sometimes they are very attentive, other times not so much. That doesn't stop me from returning.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I stopped by Garcias for lunch while in Deland on business. The service was good and fast. The food was good as well. There is ample seating even for larger groups. This is an excellent place to get Tex-Mex!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Love, love, love this place! Food is delicious and the service spot on. Your food is fresh and delivered moments after you order. Great margaritas!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

There are lots of Mexican restaurants in the area, but this one has the freshest ingredients and doesn't skimp on the key ingredients. The shrimp tacos are all about the grilled shrimp, all else is the extra touches. The draft beers are super cold and a bargain on Mondays and Tuesdays. Definitely a place to stop when you are hungry for Mexican food.

Been to Garcia's Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!