“We Will be Back”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is the place to go when you want a delicious, relaxing lunch. I had a turkey noodle soup and turkey sandwich. The soup was the soup of the day and the sandwich was really good, too. The sandwich had a great cranberry mayonnaise on it, but the cranberry wasn't overpowering. Then came the dessert!! They make the desserts in house. We had the pound cake and a lemoncello dessert. The pound cake was good, but I recommend the lemoncello dessert because it is so unique. Even the coffee, which is served in fine china, was perfect.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

My mom and I just had lunch here; based on the reviews I'd been dying to try out lunch here for awhile. Today, post girlie haircuts, we finally got to do so.

Do NOT let the prices ($9.50/salad or sandwich) deter you for this is worth every cent. We were famished when we arrived and left with leftovers. The plates were generous, and the chef cooked my steak to perfection (which is to say: "Please, please rare-rare").

It is a cozy, warm place where no one rushes you. Even the glass of wine was ... well, gracious.

The service just right. I now know where to go to find the heart of good cooking here. It's in this beautiful cafe with soups and sandwiches that do not disappoint. Can't wait to see what a dinner may be like.

Intimate, special. Different. Just right.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The closeness of Old House Cafe and my office is what has me going there often, but not only that, the food is fresh and homemade including all the salad dressing. Oh, the BLUE CHEESE is so good. The portions are just right, enough to fill your energy but not enough to drag you down. I always feel like I'm in Europe again when eating here. The staff is very friendly and can either serve you fast or a slower pace if you inform them. I definitely want to do dinner here.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The owner was very polite, and helped my mom and I get a nicer table on the patio as soon as one was available. The food waa delicious and very tasty. Homemade desserts were a great finish.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We read about it on trip advisor and decided to visit it while visiting in Deland for the afternoon. Because the parking lot is small we had a difficult parking our car with our handicap parking sticker. By the time we parked the car and climbed the steps to the front door the owner said they were closed even though the door was opened, it was 2:02! 2 minutes after closing even though we had been in the parking lot way before the closing time. She would NOT serve us. I thought that was terrible way to treat 2 out of town senior citizens who were parking with handicap stickers. We were very upset and disappointed with their treatment of us. Would never go back or recommend anyone who treats their customers like that.

4  Thank swirlseeker1

Been to Old House Cafe? Share your experiences!