“Needs to call Gordon Ramsey ”
Review of Hampton's Drive-In - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hampton's Drive-In
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Great food but an updated restaurant is a key to surviving in this economy. Unfortunately not many small places can afford to update their facilities. CAN'T JUDGE OVER APPEARANCE , go for the food not the dining experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

First I have to tell you, this restaurant has been in the Deland area since the 1950s and it shows. To its credit it is an old fashion drive in restaurant. And old fashioned it is. I don't believe the inside has ever been updated, except for a few TVs that were all on some type of sports program. I came on a Wednesday at 9:30 am. There was not a single person in the restaurant. First thought poor food. However the girl was very sweet and immediately waited on us. We read the very old dirty menu and became more concerned about what we would get. My friend ordered pancakes and sausage and a single egg done over easy. I ordered the Country Steak and Eggs. The food came out quick and hot. We both enjoyed our meal. It was a lot of food, more then what we expected! The girl spoke with us about everyday things and was very pleasant. She, the cook and the food I would keep. However due to the rundown condition of the place I would not go back! This place either needs a major upheaval or a total teardown! Its old, dirty and just plane bad in appearance. I can see why no one was in the place. It reaked of a greasy smell, which I can only call old smells from the old country folk who go in there! Once again the food and service were great, the place itself YUK!

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

We visited for the first time for lunch. The sign out front says "since 1957" and I don't doubt that at all. This place is a drive "in" and restaurant. I could not figure out if they still do the car side service or not. Maybe that's at night or on weekends. To me when you walk in the place smells old. It just has a mildew smell. The inside is a wide open space with a rectangular type bar with stools to the right and to the left on the left and right side of the room you have hard wooden booths or in the middle of the room you have tables/chairs. While you wait you have a good chance to look around the room. The ceiling tiles dirty/dusty, empty wooden booths that weren't completely wiped of food off the seats. Tables in the middle of the room with chairs with cloth backs that are "completely" dirty & black and not because the chair backs were black. They looked to have been white at one time. And after all that of course we stayed. They have a breakfast menu and lunch/dinner menu. Prices aren't expensive. I had a basic sandwich basket with onion rings. Onion rings are greasy but these are overly greasy. Sandwich was good but not spectacular. You pay your tab at the bar area. If they remodeled this obvious landmark it would be one hell of an improvement and wouldn't be so dreary looking.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

The inside is gross. The chicken is good but after seeing the dinning room while waiting for take out I do not want to see the kitchen. Also, the person taking the order was not very friendly she said that she was in no hurry since she had to be there until close. I may be back but I will call in my order

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

When you walk into this restaurant it doesn't look like much from the inside but they sure do deliver a moist and excellent tasting chicken. When I took my first bite there was steam coming off of it. The skin is different tasting compared to the chicken restaurant chains and taste wise it's right up there with KFC and Popeyes. The sides were ok as I tried the mac and cheese and green beans. The mac and cheese didn't blow me away and the green beans tasted like it came from a del Monte can. Back to the decor it is kind of old and tired. The walls are wood paneled and they have advertisements on the tables. They do have about 6 large size TV's on the walls which is nice. For service our waitress couldn't have been any nicer. She was very accommodating to my Dad's gluten allergy and even remembered my Mom and my brother coming in there all the time in years past. We spoke around 10 minutes about my Mom and how nice she was and how she liked her chicken "fresh". So definitely a place worth going to for the outstanding chicken and service.