“Lovely brunch on the beach !”
Review of JB's On The Beach

JB's On The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
JB's On The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillsboro
Transit: There is a public bus stop just a few feet from our restaurant entrance.
Description: JB's On the Beach is a gorgeous oceanfront restaurant in South Florida that serves classic American cuisine and fresh seafood dishes. Some of our most popular dishes include Janet’s Lobster Salad, our exquisite fish and chips, coconut shrimp, and our delicious mojitos. We also offer a full bar where one of our talented bartenders can prepare you a perfect drink. Join us at the bar for Happy Hour, Monday through Friday, from 4pm - 7pm, where we have discounted beer, house wine, and well drinks.
Reviewed 21 September 2018

If you love watching the waves roll out as you start your day with delicious eggs Benedict and some yummy French Toast, this is your place. Don't forget to have your Mimosa that goes with your breakfast as well. Even when it gets busy food is good .

Date of visit: September 2018
CJ N, Owner at JB's On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

It's wonderful that you've joined us for some tasty mimosas and breakfast bites while overlooking the ocean. Hope you can join us again to do it all again soon!

Take care,
CJ N., General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Love the live music, the food, and location.
A must go if you are in Deerfield Beach!
Sundays are the best!

Date of visit: May 2018
CJ N, Owner at JB's On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Priscila, thank you for sharing the love for our excellent music and food. I hope we'll have you back again someday soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is a great place to take out-of-town guests. The food is good, the staff friendly, and the location is primo. Located just north of the Pier in Deerfield Beach, JB's sits on the beach side of A1A (in spite of the listed address). Parking is tight--you almost have to use the valet, although there is a metered lot next door. The interior of the nicely-appointed restaurant cascades down several levels to floor-to-ceiling windows, with a nice view of the ocean and the adjacent Pier. The outside seating is superb--even in the hot summer months--because of the consistent ocean breezes. The food was really good. My direct report (also known as my wife) had a salad that she enjoyed. Our dinner guest had a New York Strip cooked to perfection, and I had the outstanding Ceviche. JB's location is easy to miss. It's on the north end of the Deerfield Beach bottleneck on A1A. Approaching from the Boca side is a lot easier (exit I-95 at Palmetto Park Blvd East). This place is a real treat!

Date of visit: September 2018
CJ N, Owner at JB's On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you so much for sharing the love for our excellent food and friendly customer service. It means a lot to hear you felt taken care of with us and enjoyed your meals and our relaxing, fun atmosphere. I hope this means we'll get to have you back again someday soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived without reservations and they were able to seat us in the open area that faces the beach. Normally this would be our preferred seating, but there was a storm coming in and within 10 minutes they had to lower the plastic shades to keep the rain and wind out. This made the area dark and noises. The band at the bar started playing louder to compensate for the background noise. The restaurant can not control the weather, but you definitely don’t want to sit on the patio if the weather is not cooperating.

The drinks from the bar were very good. I got a specialty Martini and my wife had a white wine (house pour) and both were generous sized drinks and although a little pricey, a good value for the money. We both got fish for dinner and we both really enjoyed the food. I got the whole Red Snapper and although I enjoy it, I wouldn’t order it again. Too much work for to little fish. We did share a piece of coconut cream pie for dessert and it was excellent.

The only thing that kept this from 5 stars was that the service did not come close to what our expectations were. Our server was friendly but we hardly saw him. After our food was served he never checked on us to see if everything was ok. He brought our check without asking us if we wanted dessert. I had coffee with dessert and he never returned to refill the cup. Things I might overlook at a budget restaurant, but should never occur when you are spending $60 per person.

Date of visit: August 2018

Bill, I'm so glad to hear you had such a nice experience with us. Thank you for the kind words for our delicious food and our great atmosphere. It really means a lot to hear you all enjoyed your meal, although I'm sorry to hear our service was less than impressive this time. We always want you to feel taken care of with fast, friendly, accommodating service, and I hope we'll see you back again someday soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Right at the center of the Deerfield beach, this restaurant offers great food, hot bar, nice indoor and vivid outdoor seating. At day you can see lots of sand play, swim and fishing, at night the area is busy with strolling crowd. The menu is full of good choices especially for seafood. Scallops on shell are divine, and whole snapper is so Floridian.
Certainly a restaurant to return to.

Date of visit: August 2018
CJ N, Owner at JB's On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

aoct88, thank you for the shining review of our great atmosphere, food, and service. It means a lot to hear you had a delicious meal with us, and I hope we'll get to have you back again someday soon.