“Excellent Food Choices and Great Service - Triple Yum Factor”

Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in DeBary
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tony Paitaris, a native of the island of Lesvos, Greece, has worked, operated and owned several successful restaurants in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Upon his arrival to Central Florida, he noticed a lack of restaurants offering "authentic Greek cuisine", which inspired him to open Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria. He brings us his 30 plus years of culinary expertise to satisfy your craving for the flavors of Greece! He wishes you in Greek, "Kali Orexi!" or "Good Appetite!"
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I went with a group of more than 30 people. For the most part, I think of this as an Italian Restaurant more than Greek because much of their offerings are Tomato based and flour oriented. Nearly everyone raved about their choice. I was no exception. I had previewed the menu but everyone I had sitting nearby told me their favorites and I realized I couldn't make a wrong choice. I came for Greek so I got the Spanokopita which is a layered pastry similar to Baklava only filled with Spinach and Feta cheese which is lightly fried. It was a large portion and it was delicious! I had intended on the Baklava for dessert but I was too full. One woman had pizza but she said it was dry (though she knew it was without tomato, she was disappointed). A couple shared wings as an appetizer and couldn't say enough about it. I wanted some but they did not offer, lol. Next time, for sure. Several ordered lasagna though I don't see it listed on the menu, it also got rave reviews. Portions were all large and about half the people took some home. Prices were a bit higher than Olive Garden but superior in quality and portion. I don't think you can make a bad choice in ordering. It is a great find and I will be returning soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I was heartbroken that they moved to Sanford but they are worth a little drive to eat anything they have on their menu. You really can't go wrong. DeBary misses you!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Zorba's is no longer located in Debary and is now in Sanford. We went twice and were disappointed in their portion size compared to price. The food was good...not over the top, but good. We went a 2nd time only because another restaurant in the area was closed that day and we were hungry.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

This restaurant opened in a new location and I thought I would check it out. I had eaten in their Debary location and had been impressed, but WOW.... the new place in Sanford is elegant without being stuffy and the service was very good.
For the record, we had a fish dish with stuffing and it was supurb. The portion of fish was substantial and the salad was outstandingas well.
Highly recommended... we are going to make it one of our regular stops.

1  Thank Bryan D
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Zorbas is so good they moved to downtown Sanford this month!

It was absolutely the best pizza in town and an awesome selection of Greek food made by Chef Tony, a native of the island Lesvos, Greece and supported by his family and many other excellent staff members.

Sanford, my hometown, is just a few miles up the road, so I will have no problem getting my pizza, moussaka, spanakopita and a favorite, pastichio.

My wife craves their garlic knots and wings. Sopping good!

Kali Orexi! (Good appetite!)

Been to Zorba's Restaurant & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!