“Great Tiki Bar!”

Daytona Beach Regency
Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I did not stay at the hotel, but did spend a few hours on the pool deck enjoying the tiki bar. Great service, both from the two bartenders and our cocktail server. Fun environment, good view too. I recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Disaster: we opened the door to our 2 BR suite and were hit with a wall of stench that none of us could identify, at the same time, my nephew slipped on the wet tile and landed in the wet carpet. Not a good first impression -right? The hotel staff went out of their way trying to address and solve the issue. Unfortunately, we had to remain in the room for one night - with the doors open until we could be moved to another suite in the morning. (I need to tell you that in the middle of the mayhem I posted an earlier review in haste and in the heat of the moment so this is actually my amended review of our stay.) Through it all, the staff was super friendly and apologetic and determined to make us comfortable. We asked to be moved to another suite in the morning, and they happily agreed and gave us another suite with a nicer view of the north part of the beach. The pool is fabulous, the corkscrew slide is a blast, and if they had a bed in the pool bar, that's where we would have stayed. You can't beat the location, the congeniality of the staff, and we will DEFINITELY return next year. Lesson learned: speak up, give people a chance to resolve the issue, and relax....you're on vacation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AuntieGenius
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We chose DBR for our spring vacation and I got a little worried after reading some of the reviews. I loved it. Our room was great we had 10th floor room and it was one back from Ocean Front so we had a great view from our balcony. The room did have a slight used odor to it when we arrived, but when we went to grocery store I picked up a 99 cent odor absorber and it fixed the problem by the next time we came back to the room. The pool and hot tub were nice and we thoroughly enjoyed the water slide. The indoor pool was down when we visited 3/4-3/7 which was a bummer. The concierge was great, hotel had a lot of events going on. Overall this resort was exactly what I had hoped for. The outdoors could use a little paint but the rooms were great. Only recommendation is that they get a new queen mattress.
-Kitchen was fully stocked,
-Bath was beautiful
-Two flat screen tv's
-Ihome
-Dvd player
-Walking Distance to most things

Overall probably one of the best places I have stayed at wish I had the money to go back this summer.

Room Tip: Top Floor, Corner suite and try to get the north side
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank crudd49
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here the last week in February. The rooms were very spacious. We had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, kitchen, another small kitchenette for the second bedroom, living room, free laundry facilities and ocean view. Front desk was great. When we arrived our room wasn't ready. We were told they would call us as soon as it available. We went to lunch and to my surprise they really did call and said we were good to go. Nice pool deck area with tiki bar right on the beach. Close walk to boardwalk( not much to see there). Considering how inexpensive it was I wasn't expecting much. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 5redsox
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Let me start by saying a group of us have stayed here for race weekend the past 3 years and will return again next year. This is by no means a luxurious resort but the rooms are spacious and clean although they show some wear and could use a face lift. The staff at the front desk which has been the same since we started going is always gracious and welcoming. We needed some refigerated storage as our room was not ready and they graciously accomodated. Thank You. The kitchens are well stocked and all in working order. My only complaint would be the Pigeon problem on the balconies. Lets just say you wouldnt want to have your morning coffee there. If you are looking for a great place to rest your head with the convenience of a full kitchen and plenty of room the Regency is a good choice. if you are looking for a more upscale modern resort with new ammenities I would look elsewhere. Thank you once again to the staff for another great weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends