“One Word- CLEAN”

Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Hamilton, Ohio
“One Word- CLEAN”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Had to be the CLEANEST motel room we have ever stayed in! New towels, sheets, bedspreads. Good location, great rates. Good view of ocean from second floor.
Now for the down-side: The desk clerk is behind a glass window, you have to stand outside(rain or shine) to check in, we couldn't even see who we were talking to...so it's kind of impersonable.
We weren't able to get WIFI in our room or outside, had to drive down the street to a restaurant.
Free coffee consisted of 2- small packets for a 4-cup coffee maker during a six night stay, we had to buy coffee at a grocer.
We spent most of our time out of the room, sight-seeing, so we didn't request maid service on a daily basis, but on the 3rd day we did ask for maid service.... was a bit disappointed that the sheets weren't changed as we had sand in the bed.
Our only real complaint would be the lack of notice that there would be painters working the entire week. First morning we woke up to the front of our room being sprayed off at 7a.m. We hurried out of the room about 8 as the painters were painting the outside walls and the stair railing. Our last night, the painters were painting the walkways and steps, actually painting while guests were in their rooms on bottom floor, making it difficult to leave their rooms.We returned late in the evening, tired and needing a rest before dinner, only to find the painter painting the walkway and sitting area in front of our room, he was annoyed that we had returned, so we left and sat down the street while he finished. We would have appreciated notice that the workers would be there, so we could schedule around them.
The new paint made a world of difference to the motel.... a bright-fresh look.
Floors are not hard wood...they are thin laminate... but still cleaner than carpet.
I doubt that we will stay here again, but the rates can't be beat. Wouldn't consider this motel as "kid friendly"... there are no places to play... just the parking lot. There is no phone(but who doesn't have a cell phone these days?), no pool (but the ocean is just across the street). Walls are a little thin, so don't make any noises that you don't mind your neighbors hearing.... have learned to hate the snooze button on an alarm clock... our neighbor didn't want to get up.... and it can be embarrassing facing your neighbor after he's had a passionate night ;).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KlasikLadyBug
, Owner at Studio 1 Motel, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am sorry to hear of the many inconveniences you endured during your stay.
I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Daytona Beach.

Micky Pedersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The rooms were huge and clean. Mini fridge and cutlery available, hot water. Try and get a room on the first floor so that you get a good view of the beach. They only allow one car parking space per room. The check in time is 4pm and check out time is 10am. This was a little unusual as since we had a late night, we were struggling to get out in time. there is a 7-11 store just next door, so incase you need anything at any hour you can just hop out and get it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have the best view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mirella B
, Owner at Studio 1 Motel, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. It's very hard for a small property with 6 units and one housekeeper to the extend check out time beyond 10 a.m.
I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Daytona Beach.
Joe's Crab Shack is now open -- come on over and check it out!
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks to get an inheritance, its clean, beautiful view, convienient to everything, well priced and definately worth getting a trip advisor app on my phone to spread the good word, thank you studio 1. Anita from dayton

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank anita19750505
, Owner at Studio 1 Motel, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our small property. We work hard to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable stay!
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Schuylerville, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We arrived in Daytona in mid November with no reservation. I tried finding some studios on line and we checked them out and were not acceptable. Nice hotel rooms I thought were overpriced for November at $100 a night. We saw the nicely painted yellow building and stopped. It's an older strip motel charmingly redone, a bit austere but the price was right so no complaints from me. No phone, no pool, no pets, no problem! Very clean, laminate floors a good choice, bed linens and mattresses clean. Nice table and chairs outside on the patio in the back of the hotel. Enough cooking stuff so we could do our own food and save a few bucks. Good sized fridge. Public beach access across street, had a blast. The neighbors behind have spotless homes. Some lightbulbs out were replaced next day. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Our room on first floor was fine, but sounds like you get a bit of a view from upstairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeffry R
, Owner at Studio 1 Motel, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thanks for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back to the
Studio 1 Motel.

Atlanta GA
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I booked via Priceline, not knowing property I'd end up at. I was looking for a place to crash for a night to continue drive to south Florida. Single female, I was a bit anxious that I'd end up in a dive. (I did have my firearm with me...)

From exterior, it's not very impressive. I arrived around 9pm, it was dark & I thought "oh my!"

The room, however, was a pleasant surprise. Laminate wood floor was a nice touch (so tired of grungy motel carpets!) - small kitchenette with microwave, fridge, real plates/utensils, etc. There was someone's food left in the fridge - but it was clean. Beds were comfy, nice table, adequate space-wise for me, I imagine it would be crowded for more than 2.

The bathroom was very clean - but I did see 2 short black hairs on shower wall. (I'm a redhead). One thing that was odd was outlet in the bathroom - There wasn't one (or so I thought) I had to use cord in kitchenette. Turns out there was an outlet over the mirror - I wouldn't have been able to reach it unless I stood on toilet...

The door is "old fashioned" key - security-wise, that was a bit of a concern, but the place was quiet. It is directly across the street from beach - great deal if you want close to the beach.

I'd definitely crash here for an overnight or a couple days at the beach

• Stayed August 2011
3.8 km away
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
9.8 km away
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedw...
#40 of 73 in Daytona Beach
8.0 km away
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
#1 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Studio 1 Motel? Share your experiences!