See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Ok... let’s be honest here. I know I am upset at the moment BUT I have had time to cool off a little bit but, IM STILL PISSED!
Read the reviews on this one... the majority of the bad reviews are true. What I’m upset about is I get here late the night before, sleep (yes on dirty sheets, dirty couch, dirty everything) the couches have stains on the arm rest, the beds feel gross, I didn’t even get in the sheets and I slept in as much clothing as possible so I wouldn’t touch the bed. I leave for the day and I come back and ALL my stuff is gone!!
I call Sean (the owner) he tells me to make a police report. I told him I wanted a refund and to cover the cost of at least my sandals (they where a gift and expensive ones) would not do ANYTHING.
Now... we should all know, that he probably suggested to make a police report because

1. Police will come, take the report and then leave. There is not much they can do about it. The police have bigger fish to fry, I totally understand that.
SEAN UNDERSTANDS THAT TOO.

2. The hotel or the cleaning people got “FREE” merchandise AND my two night stay money. I am not even staying here the second night... he wouldn’t even refund that.

So I am waiting for the police to arrive so they can take my statement and then I am out of here.
I leave tomorrow to go home and I am a FULL BELIEVER in KARMA. I hope this place goes out of business because I know I am probably not the first this hotel and the owner have screwed over.

Oh.. let me add. He said he knows for a fact it wasn’t his maids because they have been with him for 5 years... I don’t care how long they have been with him, someone here stole all my stuff.

No appearance of a break in, door was fine, window was fine, I know I locked the door.
It doesn’t make sense why he would even say this... because someone that would break in would give me “clean sheets and towels” straighten the bed give more toilet paper and pick up my garbage etc....

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dan H
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Ac was not on when I entered. I had to clean the Ac filter myself it was full of dust and black!! The mini fridge was filthy!. Micro was set ontop of the fridge just as dirty. No light in the shower and barely hot water. No shampoo. just liquid soap on the wall...Never recommend staying here to anyone!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I feel very compelled to leave a glowing review for San Marino Motel because of all the bad press they've received. Our reservation was a last minute one for the Daytona 500. The San Marino Motel was the only place left within walking distance of the beach and Uber distance to the race. We were so apprehensive to book with this motel due to all of the bad reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the courteous and accommodating front desk and cleaning staff. We stayed in room 219 with a King bed. The bed was very comfortable with clean crisp white sheets, and the shower was very relaxing with hot water and strong water pressure. The walls were freshly painted and the carpets were clean. We returned from the race to a clean room with fresh sheets, bath towels and wash cloths. We had the best time in Daytona Beach and part of that was due to our stay at this motel. They may have had some trouble in the past, but they must have listened to the negative reviews and made corrections wherever possible because I can't think of anything but positive things to say about our experience. If we're ever back in Daytona, we will stay here again and also recommend it to friends.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Missy B
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Paid $529.00 for three nights. I had to go buy a decent towel. The two towels in the room didn't make one towel. The first morning saw ROACHES running around. Bought Roach spray and used the whole can. When I told them at the front desk he said if you would have told us we would have moved you to another room. My reply was why so I can start killing roaches in another room. If one room is invested the whole motel is. I would advise any one to stay away from this place. No hair dryer, or coffee pot.

Room tip: don't stay in any room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni P
Reviewed 26 July 2017

As stated the palace looks much better online than in person. The AC in the room was turned off and it's summer time in Florida for goodness sake. It took forever for the room to get to a bearable temp.It's been over two weeks and I still do not have my deposit back and no one answers the phone when I call. I was there 1night actually less than 12 hours total there would be no reason not to refund my deposit. Oh and I had to take the cover of the toilet off to manually flush the toilet since the chain connection to the handle was broken-

Room tip: My tip is to find a different hotel
Date of stay: July 2017