2,423 results
All reviewslazy riverbedroom deluxewyndham ownerswyndham resortswasher and dryernorth towerpool areaprivate ownermovie theaterfull kitchenacross the streetbubba gumpsnice resortjacuzzi tubfamily vacationspring breakbike week
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We booked this property through Extra Holidays.

Before traveling here on our family vacation we read lots of reviews. For the most part, all the reviews we read were pretty good.

When we were about four hours from our destination, my wife decided to read more reviews. She read a bunch of bad reviews regarding horrible check ins, run down rooms and overall poor customer service.

I am very happy to say that we did not experience anything like this! Our check-in was quick and seamless. The staff was amazingly friendly. That includes all of the staff members that were just walking around and greeting you as you passed them.

My only issue with check in was being requested to sign up for a timeshare presentation. I didn’t want to at first but there was slight pressure to do so. We decided to entertain it and, in turn, got 30,000 points which could be used for stays at future Wyndham properties. And there are many around the world!

For starters, I would say that Daytona is not the best place in the world to vacation with a family. However, this property was the absolute best choice we could have made for our time spent there. It had everything you could want to entertain the whole family. Indoor pools, outdoor pools, lazy river, slide, kiddie splash park, beach access, boardwalk, many restaurants and shops, etc.

The only problem with our room was that there were two double beds as opposed to the king bed that I requested in the bedroom. We rented a one bedroom, privately owned. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful. The sun rises in the morning or gorgeous!

We attended the two hour seminar for timeshare purchases. We really knew that we could not afford a timeshare. We basically did it because they promised us the 30,000 points. We did receive our 30,000 points without any problem. They did not pressure us to purchase anything. Unfortunately, we are just unable to purchase something at this time. I must admit, if I had the money I probably would have caved it is an amazing company. We later found out that we actually have friends that own and they love it.

If I returned to Daytona I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dale P
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The resort itself was nice, with a stunning view, but like many, we ended up in a privately owned room that was a bit run down in places. For starters, my husband and I were unimpressed with the room they gave us with 2 double beds (we have a California king at home). When I asked the front desk, I was told that because we used a 3rd party site (booking. com), room type can’t be guaranteed, and that I should’ve contacted the hotel directly for the request. Well, it wasn’t a request! The photos of the room type I booked showed a King bed- it didn’t even have pics of 2 doubles in that room type. It pretty much ruined our romantic weekend away. The bed was so hard and we were so crowded, I slept on the couch for 2 nights. Then the timeshare pitch, ugh, we are RCI owners so didn’t want to sit through it. I had to be pretty forceful about it for them to back down. I know they have a job to do but after driving in a car for hours, no one could be in the mood for that. The pool bar had one older female bartender who was on the ball and another younger man who was totally spaced out, made me stand there for ages and then made me a $10 milkshake. I watched him put 3 shots of vodka into a HUGE blender, then pour out about 1/3rd of the drink into my cup. I took one sip and asked for it to be remade. He made a hodge-podge with the already existing blended drink and it was still gross but a bit stronger. We also would’ve liked maybe some coffee samples in the room. A pile of filters were left on the counter, but nothing else. The room reeked of bacon & sausage upon arrival and hot water didn’t get hot. When I asked at reception, she told me to let the water run for 15 minutes, that the south tower was under construction. It was sporadic all weekend. Positives are the location, the pools, activities and most of the staff seemed really friendly. Giving people who booked on a 3rd party site the crap rooms will not entice people to return or to sign up.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icechik74
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I booked a ocean front room with a balcony and it was great. Sitting out side in morning sun having a cup of coffee watching and hearing the ocean to me nothing beats it. Rooms were very nice had everything we could ask for. And as far as location it too was great. Furthest we had to drive to do something I wanted to was 12 miles. As far as dining never drove once to eat walked everywhere we ate. Only issue is this is a time share building and at check in they started in about a 90 minute meeting to hear there time shard pitch and when I said no they brought over another person to convince me. Now my trip started at 11am and we checked in at 7:30 pm really just wanted to get to room and not listen to a sales pitch. And we were on vacation and sitting in a 90 minute sales pitch don't sound like a vacation. Other than that loved it and would stay again if the occasion arose.

Room Tip: get a room with ocean front view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank victorvL6867WQ
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we went to one desk they said go to a podium to Check in. Then we went to a third location. The kid had no idea what he was doing. Then we requested a Ocean view room. He then left for 10 mins. When returned he said the 3 people on duty did not know how to perform a room upgrade. And the manager was off site. By this time I was on the phone with expedia. Meanwhile he said I can figure it out for you. Finally affter 45 mins we were checked in.
Then he tried to get us to go to a meeting for a timeshare. All we wanted was to get to our room and we said we weren't interested. He called me rude and closeminded in one sentence. We weren't rude. We just said we weren't interested. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW UNPROFRSSIONAL HE WAS THE ENTIRE TIME. He alone gave me the worst first impression of this hotel. From then on I tried to get past it.
The pool and lazy river was closed. The one 2nd floor hot tub jets did not work and the lower level hot tub only 2 jets worked.
I will never go back to this hotel!
I should have read the reviews but I didn't.
Please do yourself a favor and read reviews.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew V
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Room was OK.....very decent price for location..room was clean but run down (this IS Daytona, I was in room 1808)..BUT....bombarded on check in (after 10 hour drive) with sign this/ sign that/ charge card out twice/ refundable this and that.....and ended up with a $20 dollar charge for a sales pitch- time share- told young man when checking in- my husband won't want to do that, no we are not interested....was told it was all refundable....(yes/maybe, but you have to go to get your refund) When will I just learn to say No. So....just say NO....This was an annoyance, but place was fine....

Room Tip: ocean front has balconies
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple