2,468 results
All reviews lazy river bedroom deluxe wyndham owners washer and dryer north tower pool area private owner three bedroom movie theater full kitchen across the street bubba gumps nice resort jacuzzi tub spring break family vacation pools
Reviewed 20 October 2004

My family just returned from a week stay in Florida which included a 2 night stay at the Ocean Walk. Prior to this we stayed 3 nights at the Caribbean resort at Disney and afterwards we stayed at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island and I can honestly say that we enjoyed our stay here the best of the three. First off, we had rented a 1 BR,1 bath unit from Hotels for $94 a night and we were upgraded at no cost and with no request from us to a 2 BR, 2 bath unit (Rm 432-ask for it) it was absolutely stunning! The North tower was just opened in Feb. 2004 so it is still in great condition.
My husband and son both have asthma and allergies and they had no trouble at all staying in this unit. The decor was very tastefully done, I especially enjoyed the use of the Jacuzzi tub after three days at Disney, and having a full kitchen and washer/dryer was very helpful. We had 2 separate balconies both with views of the ocean and the intercoastal waterways. No one bothered us about listening to any timeshare info and we were able to walk to the ajoining shops and movie theater(very nice) thru the hotel. The putt putt course is complimentary(4th floor) and they have daily activities including some cute ones for the kids including sand castle building which we were able to enjoy along with our 6 year old son. The pool was a little cool but refreshing after sitting in the Florida sun, the slide was fun and the lazy river was great too. We were fortunate to come in a off season time and just before "bike week". I can see where parking would be a problem during high traffic times of the year. We were there the week before bike week was officially going to start but the Orange County Chopper guys (Paul Sr. and Jr and Mikey Tuttle) were staying at this resort when we were there along with Steve Tyler from Aerosmith so this should tell you what a nice place this is. Hope you enjoy your stay, FYI if you are booking from Hotels, don't wait, they only get 150 rooms and they book fast.

Date of stay: October 2004
2  Thank shelrn
Reviewed 19 October 2004

ocean walk resort is a great place to relax ,party,and injoy yourself .the city could clean up the seaweed on the beach!!!

3  Thank FarAway31808
Reviewed 19 October 2004

Stayed for 1 week, Oct.10-17
Wonder place to stay while in Daytona, this is a top of the line hotel for Daytona Beach. We had a 2 bedroom with a side view of the ocean, got a little loud with all the noice from the buildings next door, didn't get much of the ocean sounds, but the room was excellent!! The pools were not crowed at all but we were there in the off season, I could see if it were sold out it could get to be a real problem fitting everyone in the 2 outside pools. The buildings were a problem getting the afternoon sun, by 1:30 the sun is gone and both pools are in the shade. Stay away from the sales pitches they will give you, the room survey is not a survey it is a sales pitch, if you take it you'll proably get a dinner certficate so it might be worth your while. Answer excellent to all the questions or you will be there alot longer than the 45 minutes they promised. I would go back but not if the hotel is sold out, unless you are en earlier riser or want to beach, then you shouldn't have a problem. My 1 complaint would be the activites staff, alilttle lacking of interesting activites. One more thing, there were teenage kids everywhere and the staff is blind to what they are doing.

1  Thank Passport11090
Reviewed 18 October 2004

We recently stayed at the Ocean Walk Resort from October 7 to October 12. Like one of the last reviews said, most of the places on the ocean were hit by the hurricanes. The Ocean Walk did not appear to get hit at all. We really enjoyed our stay. After reading many of the reviews posted, we were eager to see if the resort was all that everyone said it was. Our check in was pleasant except we were unable to check in until 4. We arrived at the hotel at 1, so we had some time to kill. We spent it out by the ocean and by the pools. If I could make a recommendation, I would like to see the Resort let guests check in if the room is ready. They said ours was not, but I'm not sure that was all true. Upon check in, we were given our ocean front room, as booked. We had an A room on the 14th floor. It was, for the most part, well kept. The only suggestions I would have is the carpet in the livingroom needed to be cleaned or a new one put in. The kitchen was well equipt and well kept. Having the mini washer and dryer in our room was a big plus. They gave us some detergent upon arrival but we went to the store to buy more. We needed an extra blanket which we had to call twice for, but it was delivered in about an hours time. We found the staff to be very polite and friendly as well as eager to make sure our stay was good. I must say that I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the shower. The shower floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Also, the maids only do light housekeeping.....make beds, empty trash and provide fresh towels. They don't clean your sink or bathroom at all unless you request it. I called the front desk and requested they clean the bathroom better. They did. Also, the housekeepers do not speak much english, so we were unable to communicate well with them. There was food in the hotel which made it nice. They had an inhouse breakfast and dinner once during the week for a nominal fee, which was nice so we didn't have to go out to get food. They did have a nice pool side cookout with tropical music on the nice days. We were also able to rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach for $25.00 for the day. It was worth it. The outside of the resort was well kept, clean and very nice to sit out and enjoy. The inside of the hotel all in all was well done. We would recommend this hotel to those who want to get away and spend some time at a nice resort as a family or as a couple. There are scheduled activities to do for the kids as well as a game room and computers. We had a one bedroom condo with a pull out sofa bed in the living room which was great for our 13 year old. Our bathroom even had a jacuzzi in it which we didn't use. The Daytona beach area is very run down, so if you are looking to do a lot of shopping or pretty sight seeing along the beach, this would probably not be the place to go, but if you are looking to stay at the hotel most of the time and enjoy the ocean and pool area I would recommend this hotel. I am a very picky reviewer, so I would guess that many people would have a great time at this Hotel. I've read that some people had difficulty with long check in and elevator wait, but we came off season and didn't have any trouble. I'll bet that on season or during a big event, the check in, elevator and parking would be a huge problem. Probably 15 minutes away is International Speedway Drive where you can shop and eat and visit the speedway. This area is well kept. Please beware, that many of the surrounding hotels are very run down. The Ocean Walk is a new resort and was worth far more than the fee of $113.00 per night we were charges. I suspect because it was off season. Don't let the photos of other resorts on the internet fool you. Read the reviews.

3  Thank kathydnys
Reviewed 8 October 2004

We had all our pool items stolen within an hour of our arrival (beach towels, swimsuit coverups, etc). Although security staff took down information, no one else on staff seemed too concerned. Also, very high pressure sales presentation. We would not go back even though our room was wonderful.

5  Thank cindyEW94