Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$120
US$126
US$123
Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$134
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$116
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$97
  • Pool
US$146
US$132
Agoda.com
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Agoda.com
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$104
Nautilus Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$152
Hotwire.com
Studio 1 Motel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hotwire.com
3,486 results
All reviewsself parkingnorth towerdoc balescabana suiteacross the streethyde parkconvention centerocean frontresort feeper dayvalet serviceocean walk villagesliding doorocean view roombike weekspring breakdaytona
Reviewed 22 January 2017

This Hotel has such great potential & could have easily received a 4-5 star rating, but I've got such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm giving them one star.

First, the GOOD....the bellboys were awesome, very personable and were happy to assist us in getting all of our crud into the room and back out into our separate cars. They seemed very happy to be doing their job, and were wonderfully service oriented.

The view of the beach was absolutely breathtaking! Wonderful view!

Now...why I'm giving it a one star review.

I arrived on Wed, Jan 18th for a 4 night stay. The air conditioning was set to the mid 70's, but the room was freezing cold. I turned the air up to mid 80's, but it continued to blow cold air. I was too tired to mess with it, so opened the sliding glass door so the warm sea air from outside would help warm the room up.

Thursday, Jan 19th, I called the front desk because of it, and they sent their engineer to the room. He was extremely nice, and although he wasn't able to fix the problem, he showed me how I could either turn the a/c on or turn it off, and assured me that while no one was there that could fix the a/c unit, someone would repair it the next day. I didn't sleep very well because I had to get up every couple of hours to either turn the a/c off because the room had become freezing cold, or to turn it back on b/c it had warmed up and was hot.

Friday, Jan 20th, the wife and kids arrived, and the air still seemed to be doing the same thing. I called the front desk, and after at least 10 minutes of listening to the phone ring, I hung up and went downstairs making the journey from the South Tower to the front desk at the bottom of the North Tower. The lady at the front desk advised me that she would send the engineer to the room. I requested additional blankets for the family as well.

Housekeeping and engineering came to the room with extra blankets. It was the same engineer from Thurs, and he was shocked that it had not been repaired and advised me that he had written it down for them to repair. He said that it would be repaired tomorrow, and that he would write it down again and make sure it was taken care of.

Another night of cruddy sleep turning the a/c on and off every couple of hours.

Saturday, Jan 21st, I came up to the room around noon and the issue hadn't been fixed. I again went downstairs to the front desk, and advised them of the situation. They contacted maintenance, who advised that they hadn't been notified of it, and she asked me if they could go to the room right then to repair it. I said 'absolutely...I've been waiting for 3 days for them to fix it'!

I went to the room a bit later & met a maintenance guy that was working on the unit and advised that it was a relay. He was extremely apologetic, and said that he was off the last two days, but that someone else was there that should have been able fix it. He said that he was going to let his supervisor (her name started with a 'D' I think) know and that she would be contacting me to apologize and make things right as I shouldn't have had to wait 3 days for this to be fixed.

Here's where Hilton had a tremendous opportunity to earn a great rating from a disappointed Hilton Honors member, but instead earned the lowest rating I could give.

I understand, things happen, miscommunication happens, it's a part of life. It could even be more understandable because half of the hotel is in the middle of a renovation and shut down, so they've got a lot going on there.

So...my call from the engineers supervisor 'D' went something like this.....

Well....it went like nothing because I didn't get a call or an apology from any member of any of the management from the hotel.

So, I wanted to let the Hilton know that I was definitely disappointed with the quality of my room there and went to the front desk to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor arrived and I explained the situation to her, and advised that the Hilton had definitely dropped the ball this time. She apologized and confirmed my Hilton Honors number, and advised that she would credit 20,000 points to my Hilton Honors Account for the inconveniences I'd experienced. I asked her how many points it would cost to rent a room for a night, and she said that it varied depending on the hotel, the season, etc. I told her that I understand that, but to give me a ballpark range.... yeah, one night would cost between 20,000-50,000 points. So depending on what Hilton I went to and when, I might be able to get one night free, but more than likely it wouldn't even pay for that.

Pathetic in my opinion.

So I asked her if she could just give me some type of room credit instead, and she took 1 night off of my bill. I would say this Hilton did the absolute minimum they could to appease me. 20K points is really just an insult. One day off, fine. I won't be back, and if you're looking for a hotel that goes 'above and beyond', this sure isn't it!

Room Tip: Great view of the ocean if you don't mind horrible follow-up service and making promises they don't deliver on.
1  Thank Scmill
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

We really appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and once again would like to offer our apologies for falling short of your expectations. We really wish that we were able to come to a resolution and as we mentioned before, we are looking into where the miscommunication on our end took place in getting your air conditioner repaired in a timely manner. It is our hope that you will give us a chance to change your perspective on our resort on another stay.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Hotel has a wake up system of construction workers in halls at 0600. Very large cranes outside of the rooms restaurant only opened this week the grounds are mud. Valet parking is a joke 35 minutes for them to retrieve your vehicle at the time still pay full price for half-price service

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Scott, we hope you can accept our apologies for letting you down on your stay. We have been keeping guests in the loop in regards to our current renovation and apologize if you did not see the alerts on our website. While we have been keeping work limited to business hours and had to close our steak house for repairs, we do offer ample dining options on-site, which have been open throughout the renovation. Once all post-hurricane work is completed, we truly hope you’ll give us another chance to show you the wonderful experience we’re known for, with a wide variety of amenities and impeccable service.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Perfect location for meetings at Ocean Center convention center - located across the street. Self parking not so good, have to walk a ways. Clean, good food but expensive. Pleasant staff. Nice beach front, one tower under construction right now.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Terri, we’re glad you found the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort to be so ideally located for your meetings at the Ocean Center. It’s great to hear that our friendly service, beachfront location, and cleanliness were what stood out the most about your stay, and we’d love for you to join us again in the future. We really appreciate your review.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Woke up to a leaky ceiling in my face ! I understand things happen but you would think the management would be a bit more empathetic and professional. Manager compensated a bit back but his attitude was extremely poor. I was disappointed and for that reason I'd never come back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria26262626
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Having a guest leave our resort feeling dissatisfied is something we never want to happen, and we apologize for any troubles on your stay. When you shared your findings with us, we did our best to make things right and wish that our efforts to resolve this resulted in you feeling differently. We really hope that you’ll consider giving us another chance to change your perspective of our resort. Thank you for sharing your input with us.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

In October, Daytona's largest beach hotel took a hit from Hurricane Matthew. They are still in the process of recovering from that, so you will experience some minor inconveniences-- like no on site work out facility and the pool overhaul. The hotel rooms themselves are fine, although you can see the utter destruction the rooms on the ground level suffered. They are completely gutted and being rebuilt/refurnished.
The staff here is great and the rooms are clean and spacious. If you want to exercise they will give you passes to the Planet Fitness which is about 2 miles up the road.

They have several onsite restaurants. The Legends Bar-- although with the typical bar fare you would expect-- had surprisingly good food, especially the salads. Doc Bales' is more upscale and has a breakfast buffet for around $20. The signature steak restaurant Hyde Park was still closed and being renovated.

You can't beat the beach access and view. The hotel is also connected to the Ocean Walk Village which has numerous chain restaurants, a movie theater, ice cream places, and shops.

All in all, a nice hotel gem on the beach. You will get great service and a nice room. Hard to go wrong.

Room Tip: The South Tower is quite a walk from the main lobby and is the older portion of the hotel. The rooms are still nice.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Despite the upgrades we’re making in several areas of our hotel due to the hurricane, we’re working hard to provide our guests with an incredible experience, and we’re glad you received friendly service, a well-appointed guest room, and a beautiful view on your stay. The Ocean Walk is always great to explore, and we’re happy that you enjoyed exploring its amenities. Hopefully, you’ll have an opportunity to join us again and try Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse when it’s reopened.