New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not too bad..Not too good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I knew going here that it wasn't your usual Hilton...but being Daytona I also didn't expect a 5 star anywhere. It was an ok hotel. Every day there were no towels for the pool. When you try to get help the girls at the desk take a break from talking to each other to either explain they have called and can't do anything about it or once they suggested I file a complaint with the front desk. Room was nice..but don't think its a balcony. Its a door you can open and sit inside - we were surprised at this expected a balcony but it was fine we had a good view of the ocean.
Front desk not very helpful...mostly just like take a number and wait when you check in. Then heres your key. Not welcoming for the first impression.

Stand out service came from Alan D (resort services ambassador) whom actually took the time to stop us as we passed by and ask us each time if we were ok - he works in the front lobby) When I told him about the towels. He again took the time to handle it himself by going down to laundry and getting the towels himself...this is what "Hilton" represents every where else I have ever been so kudos to him as his services is what gets this hotel to a 3 - if they had all been as hospitable...a 4 would be a definite. Only not 5 as the hotel gets its wear from being a beach resort. but 3 it is because without Alan 1.5 for a roof over my head.

Oh the location is good. Lots in walk-in distance

Room Tip: Jr suite with balcony has more space but again as above...not really a balcony so not sure what I go...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
We are glad to hear that your experiences with members of our staff made your stay with us more comfortable. It is wonderful that you enjoyed our convenient, oceanfront location that is within walking distance of many of Daytona Beach's top restaurants, attractions and shops. It's disappointing to learn that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We appreciate that you’ve shared your feedback with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to show you all that our resort and services have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Probably the worst pina colada Ive had. Tasted like a diet drink.
Will head back down toward Orlando and have one from The Rosen Center beach bar. Yummmm

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We regret that your beverage didn’t meet your expectations. We hope you’ll come back to give our restaurant and resort another try in the near future. Thank you for your comments.
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I love this Resort! I have been here two times already and we are going back for a third time in May. The location is perfect. It is close to everything! The first time we visited we parked our car and did not get back in it until we were leaving to come home. It's connected to Ocean Walk Village and has one of the best BBQ places I have ever been to across the street. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The resort is beautiful. There are so many windows and decks that overlook the ocean. The rooms are great except they DO NOT have a fridge inside. It is frustrating to have to keep a cooler full of ice at all times but other than that i have nothing bad to say about the place.

Room Tip: Always get an ocean front room! It makes the experience so much better!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love hearing from returning guests! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and are pleased that you enjoyed another wonderful stay with us. There’s so much to see at The World’s Most Famous Beach and we think it’s great that you were able to utilize our parking options and explore Daytona Beach on foot. Our convenient location and our beautiful ocean views keep our guests coming back time and time again. We would like to let you know that we do have room refrigerators available for a small daily rental fee. We look forward to welcoming you back in May! Thank you for your review.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Bad: key didnt work four times in a row (on tenth floor it got kinda iritating).

Good: staff, location, view, ammenities, food, valet was AWESOME, shops in general arwa are cool, and room service. (Order hot wings!!)

Loved this place and would recommend to anyone (i will b going back)

Room Tip: Goooood for the money.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank danday1986
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
It is great that our location, staff and more made for a splendid stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. It certainly can be frustrating when experiencing technical issues and we’re grateful for your patience while we worked to resolve the glitch with your room key. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope you’ll come back to stay with us again soon!
Van Nuys, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!! So I booked my reservation in advance, get to the hotel and was told my room was given out to someone the day before. Argued for a bit then FINALLY got another room. Room was dirty, sticky carpets, dirty toilet and ring around the tub. I rough it for the night... Go downstairs the next morning for my trip to the track and was told our keys were lost by the valet. WTF?!?!?! About 30mins later they come up with some keys (morons)... So I come back from a long day at the track thinking I'll change and unwind.... Room STILL isn't clean and in fact a tray of food I had was conveniently left exactly where I left it. REALLY? I can see so much I can get out of that. I then noticed a large authorization on my credit card. I walk down to speak to the desk and was given some line about it's a hold against unpaid rooms (morons... my rooms were prepaid and I left another card for incidentals). I thought this was complete BS since I gave another card at the desk at check in and my other card was charged for the rooms already. Long story short, it turns out they charged someone elses room to my card as well. Call to speak to them after I got home and was told I am out of luck, Call Visa.... REALLY>?!?!?!?!??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!??!?!? The only reason I would visit this hotel is the steak and lobster was SUPERB and the bartender was very nice and fast.... The rest of this place is a waste and if I don't get my money back they will get a chargeback or a nasty gram from my attorney.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Craig H
We strive to provide comfortable accommodations for all of our guests and wish we would have known that you felt your accommodations did not meet your standards. Our staff takes any issues guests bring to their attention very seriously and will work to resolve them in a timely manner. Although we can appreciate that you are upset by having charges placed on your card, once corrections are made at the hotel level, it is then up to the credit card company to remove them from your account. We appreciate your patience throughout the reimbursement process, as well as your feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back for another delicious dinner at our Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse and a future stay with us.