“Fantastic Family Villa”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa of Kings

Very good
30ft pool
Jacuzzi
Outside dining
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
melthelwe...
Somerset
“Lovely time but some problems”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We stayed in this villa for the last 2 weeks of March 2015. We had a lovely time in Florida and would probably stay a little closer in Kissimmee if we came again.
The good points
1) Large spacious villa within 20 mins of Disney
2) Good kitchen facilities within the villa
3) Lovely games room
The not so good points
1) We were not give the full address of the villa only the zip code and directions so we were told off at immigration who spent 20 mins finding it from the zip code and directions
2) The owners forgot to tell the management company to switch the pool heating on so the pool was cold. We thought we had worked it out but 1 week later it was still to cold for me to get in so we called the guy out who then switched it on.
3) The front door lock broke on our first night so we couldn't go out and had to wait in for a maintenance man.
4) The villa was very tired looking with original utilities that were yellowing and awful fake flowers everywhere
5) Maintenance issues
a) Piece of wood on the bedroom door
b) Door hanging off on the landing cupboard
c) Tap in the bathroom loose so if you knock it leaks
d) Tears in the pool netting meaning lizards and insects get in
6) Incorrect bin collection details on the fridge door
7) Incorrect wifi code meaning we could not let our relatives know we had arrived safely
8) Very noisy air con unit
I did email the owner about some of these issues when we arrived home but did not get a reply!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of Villa
Liked least: Poor condition
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ClaytonLM
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointing - villa riddled with problems”
Reviewed 24 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I will try to keep this as short but there were A LOT of problems. These were as follows:-
1) The pool was filthy upon arrival, we could not use it for 2 days until it was cleaned. Once it was cleaned we could see all the way to the bottom.
2) Despite being meticulously clean we had cockroaches in the villa and the pool (believe this was due to the side gate having a gaping hole that has been poorly taped back together. They may also have been trying to escape Larry and Laura (please read on to understand this).
3) The cupboard door on the landing was hanging off (assume it was still not fixed since someone previously reported it as per below reviews)
4) The air conditioning broke down twice. (Air con man came out and stated the air con unit in the house was appallingly maintained and was shocked that the filter has been removed and was on top of the unit rather than in the unit!)
5) The waste disposal unit was leaking, someone came out to fix it but said it needed a new part and that had to be approved by the owner. This was not fixed so we could not use it for the entire 2 weeks we stayed in the Villa. Not a real show-stopper but I was looking forward to being all American. I had to resort to making a point of putting the waste in the 'Trash-Can' instead of the 'bin' but this was not nearly as much fun.
6) One of the toilets broke twice...I'm not a plumber so can't give you the technical term but let's say when it broke it sounded like there was a large waterfall running in the bathroom, which kept people awake (probably people outside of Orlando too)
7) The entire tap set literally blew off the bath in the downstairs bathroom, covering my daughter in very hot water, to the extent where it left marks all over her face and neck. I left a message on the owners phone but got no call back to see if she was ok or to apologise. Instead we got a grumpy plumber that accused us of 'swinging on the tap'. I know the park tickets are not cheap but spending a day swinging on the taps wouldn't have gone down too well with the kids in fairness.
8) We had 2 lizards in the pool area (we called one Larry and one Laura), not really a complaint as my son-in-law had fun playing with them (before their safe release into the wild) but surely things like this should not be getting into the property? I initially thought they were tiny alligators and spent a few hours waiting for their mum to turn up and eat me.
9) The property itself is quite grubby with all of the bathroom seals a little mouldy and the lighting also dirty.
10) All of the showers are really poor, hard to describe why but they just lacked any oomph and it was a struggle to actually get wet, which to me is a bad showery experience.
11) The patio doors in the main bedroom are secured by a block of wood. It's a very nice block of wood but it's clearly not part of the door. This is a little un-nerving when you've got thousands of dollars, bags full of Ralph Lauren clothes, young children and 2 lizards knocking about the place. (Okay the lizards lived outside but I'm sure they wouldn't want to witness a break-in while trying to eat a cockroach they've just caught in the pool area.
12) The can-opener didn't work, in fact it fell apart as soon as it was touched, we did find another one though.
13) We had a huge flying ant attack in the downstairs bathroom. Not sure how they got in but the lizards point blank refused to eat them for us (perhaps they only eat cockroaches, who knows?)
14) Cockroaches got in from the external garage door, not sure if they came to just laugh at my appalling pool playing skills or if they were trying to escape the lizards but they came most nights and often appeared to be 'looking for trouble'.

I took photographs of a lot of what I have described above and I am happy to share them with anyone that would like to see them. (I only have a photo of one of the lizards though, the other was a little camera shy). I have pics of the dirty pool, the grubby showers, the dirty bathroom lights (you can see me in this pic but you can edit me out, I'm ok with that), the attractive block of wood, the broken cupboard, the side gate with a hole in it, some ants and cockroaches inside the villa, the leaking waste disposal unit and the filthy air con unit. Please get in touch if you'd like me to share them.
I've tried to be a little humorous to save me from swearing but every single issue above is a real one and I'd think twice before booking!

Travelling group: Large Group
25 Jun 2015
Dear Guest

I am sorry you appeared to have so many issues within our home. However I am glad that on each of the unfortunate issues you encountered that my management team sorted these issues within a few hours. Unfortunately pests are common within Florida due to it being a sub tropical climate, we do employ a pest control company which enter the villa monthly however with the pool area being outside any pests here can never totally be eradicated. The rubbish bin is stored in the garage and all I can think is that at some time the garage door has been left open at a longer time than normal. Unfortunately the door upstairs is off its bottom hinge as it is custom designed and we are waiting for a part, this door houses the boiler and there should be no reason for anyone to enter this cupboard nor could it fall on anyone as it opens in.
The patio door has two locks on it however as extra security there is a piece of wood which prevents the patio door being open from the otherside, this is an extra precaution should the doors not be locked properly.
A few days before you had arrived there had bee a heavy storm which I believe had caused an imbalance to the pool, the pool was still safe to use however I am glad the pool technician was able to come out the same day to but your mind at ease.
Regards
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
25 Jun 2015
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of our Villa I am especially glad you loved our pool. We hope you will think about booking with us in the future
Kind regards
stevemac8...
Province of Almeria, Spain
“not luxury by far”
Reviewed 30 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Subject: Villa of Kings
Location: Davenport, Florida, United States, North America
Title: Could not recommend this holiday villa.
ID#: 261398509

The pool was dirty and not cleaned,the pillows had sweat stains on them, boiler door fell off and boiler kept going off had to get plumber in to fix.Pool system woke us every day at 7am due to the fact it let air into the system,the netting around the pool was torn and of no use.It states in ad that villa is not overlooked some one should tell next door .Blinds in lounge kept falling off . Finally the owners are very difficult to contact will not be using this villa again we go to florida every year this has been the worst place we have stayed.We where never asked about the pool heat which is mentioned in the ad but not the cost and i just feel we have been let down by this owner the fact they never asked for our address or even my girlfriends name thank god there was no problems like a fire or anything you need for the authorities.

Go to TripAdviso

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the wi fi and florida
Liked least: the villa
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Apr 2015
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry you felt we were hard to get in touch with all the email's you sent me appear to be promptly returned through the external agent you booked through the last one being when you emailed to have the pool heat on in which you thanked us for the rental of our great home. As you booked through an external agency all details regarding you including names of who is staying in the villa is held on file by them. The pool is cleaned weekly by the pool caretaker and for during the week there is a net provided for you to do on the spot cleaning. Unfortunately as we are a busy rental just like in your own home items can break down and I am glad to see the management agent had these fixed promptly. The Jacuzzi has a water cascade which does come on early in the morning most people find this relaxing however if it is an issue there are plenty of rooms at the back of the house which do not have the water outside. Due to the layout of the pool, next door cannot see in to our pool deck but if you stand by the Jacuzzi you can see them. I hope this answers any of your concerns
Kind regards
Howell201
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Highly recommended this villa , fantastic pool with all amenities you could ask for all within 20 mins of parks. Have recommended to family and friends

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$107
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing