Just returned from Florida after a two week stop at Bahama Beach Resort and can say we had a great fortnight indeed. The appartment was A1 with plenty of space and we had a free upgrade to three beds from the booked two bed appartment. The place was really well kept and most of the staff were friendly and helpful with few exceptions. The pool areas were excellent and we used the clubhouse pool on the occassions we were not out at the parks (20 min drive). The gym was slightly smaller than I expected but I got lazy and didn't use it anyway! The bar at the clubhouse serves lunch and snacks which we sampled once and it was fine but we dined out every night so can't comment on the Tradewinds restaurant by the lake. The grounds were kept beautifully and we saw the Alligator in the lake and turtles, various bird life, snakes and lizards by the score (none of which were near the rooms I might add)!! Our daughters used the internet terminals daily and bought a card from the reception and the call box to the UK in the foyer cost about $! for three mins (you get about 5 mins in an external callbox). The shopette in the foyer stocked with all the essentials and the staff were full of useful local knowledge and friendly. We ate mainly on the 192 highway were there is a vast choice and also at Downtown Disney which is fantastic and not to be missed. The gated security is excellent at the resort and the development work going on is noticable and we did hear the trucks early on several occasions but it didn't detract from our enjoyment at all. I also made use of the tennis court which was excellent and the little cinema we used one evening, you just choose a film and they run it for you via a very big screen in the cinema room, excellent.
All in all, a great two weeks at Bahama Bay, we extended our leaving time to 14.00 on leaving day as our flight was at 20.00 from Sanford (that cost $40) but you can leave at 12.00 for free.
The only thing which could have made the place perfect was a little bit of Staff training on Customer relations, and that applied to just a couple of individuals, all in all you will not be disappointed with the resort and its location, it's great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando By Wyndham Vacation Rentals Florida/Davenport