“Not bad for the price”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Our family of 5 stayed for a "timeshare" special offer. We were to tour another property but had to stay at Bahama Bay. We had to pay extra because there are 5 of us and not the "typical" 4. Our accommodations were nice. We had a view of the pool and the distance to the clubhouse and front gate were very close.

We found the tradewinds restraurant too be a little slow with the service and a little pricey.

The staff at the front desk was polite but not very helpful when asked questions about the area.

there is a photo lab upstairs near the computer room and the arcade. We dropped film to be developed in the slot on Monday. the sign said it would be ready Thursday.

Well we went out early all week to the parks and when we returned the photo lab was closed (which made me wonder,,,did it ever open,,,,where is my film???)

I called the extention on the postcard that the resort leaves in the room near the phone. I had to leave a message. Well I never got a call back. My husband and I check with the front desk several times to see if anything was left there, but were constantly told that the photo lab is a separate company and not connected to the resort.

WOULDN'T THE RESORT WANT THEIR SUBCONTRACTED BUSINESS TO HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THEIR GUESTS?

I believe the resort has to take some resposibility for this company. They make sure they advertise for them.

The morning we were leaving we waited for the lab to open at 9 (that is the time the front desk told us it opens) It did not. We had not choice but to leave without photos.

Overall the resort is nice but the front desk staff needs to be more helpful and informed.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)

Reviewed 6 July 2008

We stayed at this apartment complex at the end of May 2008. We found the apartments huge, very well equiped and of a very high standard. The apartment and complex as a whole was very clean and very well maintained. Generally, it was 20-30 mins away from all the main attractions and less than 10 mins away from a number of diners and restaurants. The complex also provided a takeaway service. I would recommend this place completely, as would all my family.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Please, Please do not listen to all the negative reviews. Our experience at this resort was very positive. Photos definately do not do this place justice. Check in was a quick, I arrived early Sunday morning for a week stay, had no problem checking in before the required time. The resort will hold $200.00 on your credit card for incidentals, and you will be charged a cleaning fee per unit of $65.00 plus tax. Upon departure, the hold is released from your credit card. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The pools were all heated, and great. My kids enjoyed the pool near the sandy beach area, and the one located at the club house. The condo was " awesome" it had everything we needed. Not to worried about daily housekeeping, we're not messy people. The resort provided you with a vacumm, dishwasher, trash cans, and a washer and dryer, so everything was tidy & clean. The condo was very spacious, and the balconys screened in to keep the bugs out. The location was great, not on a busy street, not a lot of traffic, which was ok for us, especially after traveling back and forth on the busy I-192. We booked our stay through, Bookit.com, which we got an free upgrade to a 3 Bedroom condo, for the same price of a 2 Bedroom condo, Its definately worth the money !

1  Thank DACHAMP
Reviewed 22 June 2008

Left Bahama Bay yesterday after one week stay at the resort with my children of 18 and 12.I booked the room directly through the hotel website and would recommed others to do the same -I think it is the only way to choose exactly where your apartment is located.We had an Andros 2-br unit just next to the beach,pool and restaurant.That location saves a lot of walking since the area is huge and many villas are located far from services.Even the personnel use golf carts moving in the area! From the reviews I have read,it seems that the quality of the units varies very much.Ours was clean and spacey,and most things worked quite fine.The resort lies next to a nature preserve area,which makes it quiet and also interesting -there are a lot of birds and wildlife,inc alligators in the lake (you certainly can not swim there!).You can also fish there if you want. The minimarket is very small and I would suggest a trip to the very close by located supermarket, next to it is a good Chinese take-away and some other restaurants.The food you can order to the room is limited to pizza and not-so-good sandwiches.Tradewind restaurant is good but expensive,and closes already at 10 pm.
Our overall impression was good -we got to swim,the place was beautifully landscaped,our unit was good,and it took about 20 minutes (or less) to Disney.We also had a big patio with a table and 5 chairs.

Anyway,here come the downsides:overall,there was a feeling of unprofessionalism all over -one minute a poolside shop was closed,another day it would be open.Opening hours of the pool were cut down while our stay (they started closing earlier).We reported a couple of lacks in the unit (toaster not working etc),but nobody ever came to check. Cellular phones or wireless internet do not work inside the rooms,and even if advertised,internet did not work by the pool either (even if it would,it is too light to see anything on a laptop screen anyway).Nothing came free of charge either,even the couple of game machines in the clubhouse were coin-operated.We wanted to extend our stay with one day,but the reply was a prompt,unfriendly "no",if we wanted to stay,we would have to move to another room and pay another 65 USD cleaning fee for one day.No possibility even to a late ckeck-out (reglar check-out time is an outrageous 10 am), even for money,neither apparently a possibility to store the luggage for a couple of hours.No excuses,absolutely no friendliness at all. You got the feeling that once they had your money,they could not care less about your returning ever again -even if the place did not seem to be very busy. So,exactly what another rewiever commented -don´t expect any luxurious service.
Overall,it was nice,we could return,but I would choose the same kind of location for the room directly from the area map (as I did this time) and make sure to get it. And one more point: I had sent two e-mails in advance about late arrival and concerning a prolonged stay,but never got a reply. If there is any competition in the area,this place has to work on their staff and teach them both manners and professional service.

Reviewed 17 June 2008

We just returned home from a wonderful 5 night stay at Bahama Bay. I spent hours researching and looking for the best value and for a place with good reviews on tripadvisor. I booked our unit online and the rate was $89 a night. I expected it to be nice because of all the positive reviews. When we arrived it was much nicer than I expected. The unit was huge. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The countertops were white solid surface Corian or Silestone. All the beds had down comforters with duvet covers. The mattresses weren't the softest but they were fine. The unit was immaculate. We did have the issue of no transition strip between the kitchen tile and the carpet area but that could be replaced easily. We have stayed at many resorts, hotels, private homes, etc... in Orlando and we will definitely be returning to Bahama Bay. I am sure there are more "upscale" places to stay but for the value, location, and amenities...the Bahama Bay Resort is a wonderful all around deal. Be aware of the $65 cleaning fee, and $200 refundable damage deposit. I was expecting it so it wasn't a big deal. Our unit was 110 in building 7. Some units may not be as nice as other units because I believe they are privately owned.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
10 km away
3 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!