Our family of 5 stayed for a "timeshare" special offer. We were to tour another property but had to stay at Bahama Bay. We had to pay extra because there are 5 of us and not the "typical" 4. Our accommodations were nice. We had a view of the pool and the distance to the clubhouse and front gate were very close.
We found the tradewinds restraurant too be a little slow with the service and a little pricey.
The staff at the front desk was polite but not very helpful when asked questions about the area.
there is a photo lab upstairs near the computer room and the arcade. We dropped film to be developed in the slot on Monday. the sign said it would be ready Thursday.
Well we went out early all week to the parks and when we returned the photo lab was closed (which made me wonder,,,did it ever open,,,,where is my film???)
I called the extention on the postcard that the resort leaves in the room near the phone. I had to leave a message. Well I never got a call back. My husband and I check with the front desk several times to see if anything was left there, but were constantly told that the photo lab is a separate company and not connected to the resort.
WOULDN'T THE RESORT WANT THEIR SUBCONTRACTED BUSINESS TO HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THEIR GUESTS?
I believe the resort has to take some resposibility for this company. They make sure they advertise for them.
The morning we were leaving we waited for the lab to open at 9 (that is the time the front desk told us it opens) It did not. We had not choice but to leave without photos.
Overall the resort is nice but the front desk staff needs to be more helpful and informed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando By Wyndham Vacation Rentals Florida/Davenport