“great 3 bedroom condo”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We just stayed at the Bahama Bay Resort and what a treat. We had a 3 bedrooms condo. The unit had everything you could possibly need. It was VERY clean, which is probably my top priority. The unit is a little dated but all of the furishings were in pretty good condition. The complex is very quiet and everyone was very nice from the check-in girl to the guard at the front gate. The only downside to the complex is there are no elevators. The buildings have three floors, so if you have issues with steps make sure you ask to be on the first floor. The location is approximately 15 minutes from Disney and is an easy drive so over all it was a very nice place and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank phonemanDe
Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and i stayed here for 6 nights and enjoyed the facilitiesvery much; but like Lisa T, we arrived early and were told that our villa was not ready. We went to therestaurant and had a mediocre burgers and sat by the pool waiting to go into our villa. We met some fantastic Canadians while we waited. There is no way that anyone had been in the villa prior to us because it smelleed dank; we think the carpets were eashed and the doors and windows were closed shortly after. Maintenance helped get rid of the smell. The only other compliaints w e had were the outdated television sets; the bedroom sets resemble hospital room TVs on ceiling stands. Verybizarre! . The pots aand pans and living room furniture should be upgraded!
On the positive side, the front desk was very helpful when we had any requests. Some of the staff could use some training in how to smile at clients. The appliancesare all Maytag and relatively new. The two bedroom villa we had was huge and would certainly acommodate a family of 4.
we were in a lower unit the last one on the lake which made the other annoyances palatable. The screened in patios enabled us to have some meals outdoors. The grounds are beautiful but we did not take advantage of them because we were out every day.

Lastly, the spa was fantastic. I had a massage by susan who has to be one of the best therapists around and the spa owner had me driven by golf cart after the excellent pedicure because I was too relaxed and it was very hot.

I'd definitely recommend this resort but they should definitely tell clients that there is NO EARLY CHECK IN.

Room Tip: Request a lower unit since there are no elevators
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank canadacruisequeen
Reviewed 2 March 2012

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. This is not a regular hotel.
2. There is no daily maid service.
3. There is a daily resort fee on top of the room rate.
4. There is a cleaning fee paid at check-in.
5. Villas have full kitchen, washer, & dryer.

Fantastic place for stays of a week or more. Lots of space. Great place for trips with family/friends. Great for kids. Staff is very helpful. Grounds are clean & lovely. Security personnel at the entrance gate are very helpful. Close to Disney. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter but there aren't any elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank OHRW
Reviewed 2 March 2012

First of all, we needed an early check-in. No-can-do at this place. They kept telling us to keep checking back. Check-in was not until 4 p.m. We finally got it at 5:00 p.m. - only to find out that the pools and hot tubs closed at 6:30 p.m. during the winter hours!

The facility looked very nice, but the staff was not all that friendly or helpful. The security guy acted like we were escaped felons!!! It was kind of a weird environment.

Our room was very nice, but both sliding patio doors did not lock. We were on the second floor, which we had to lug up 5 people's luggage since there was not an elevator.

We couldn't access the hotel wi-fi.

We were quoted $109 per night. Since we were only staying one night, we were expecting our bill to be around $130. We were quite surprised when the bill was over $200!! PLUS, they charged us a $200 security deposit on top of that!! Come to find out the nightly rate was more because of a cleaning fee! None of this was disclosed to us prior to our check in or to our travel agent who booked the hotel for us! My travel agent has vowed to never use this hotel again. I know that we will never use this hotel again either. It's too bad because I think it has potential, but the hidden fees and lack of good customer service will keep us away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights in 3-bedroom condo Feb 18 & 19. Just a stop-over on the way further South to visit family for the week. Got a good deal (so I thought) on Book-it.com for $69 a night for 2 bedrooms, with free updrade to 3 bedrooms. Originally thought another couple would join us, but it turned out to be only the two of us.
First the good: condo was large, clean, sufficiently stocked kitchen, certainly bigger than we needed for just the two of us, but nice to have the second bathroom at times. Decent though small fitness room with a few treadmills and elliptical. I only saw two of the pools, though the map shows four. Easily walkable to both. The larger pool is very nice, plenty of chairs, small bar and restaurant on premisis. Behind the pool area is a small beach with nice white sand and a vollyball net available. Also further back is a lake with dock area, saw some fishing there, but when asked, no one had caught anything. Guess it's just for the relaxation! We shared a calzone from the restaurant, Diromio's, and it was good. While this condo is a good distance from the activity of Disney, etc., within 2-3 miles are many restaurants: Houlihan's, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Carraba's, several more.
The not so good:
I had prepaid the two nights when I booked online, so was very shocked when I was told I still owed $85 at check in, which I was informed was for the "one-time" cleaning fee of $69 plus 5.95 a day resort fees. So my good deal was not such a good deal anymore. Guess I need to read the fine print. I am happy airlines now have to disclose the full price including tax and all the add-ons in the advertised price. I would rather know up front just what it's going to cost me cost me and make my decision then. In this case, we did not need to spend $120 a night when I could have gotten a hotel for $42 on International Drive that would have suited our purpose. Lesson learned. For a family that is staying for 7 nights, it's a good deal, since they pay the same one time cleaning fee as I did for 2 nights and only 2 people.
The condo we were given was on the third floor, and no elevators. My husband and I both like to be active and don't mind the stairs, but when you are carrying luggage and have to make a few trips, it can get tedious. Electricity must have been turned on just prior to our arrival, it was very hot and stuffy and took a long time to cool off. Refrigerator was warm as well, and had to turn it way up to cool off. Eventually was OK.
Only used one of the bedrooms, mattress and sheets could definitely use updating. Checked out early Monday morning, stopped by the reception desk to drop off keys. The guy at the desk must have had a bad night, didn't even get a thank you or have a good day.
The grounds were nice, good size condos. I am sure for a family with a few kids, or two couples splitting the cost it would work great.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sunglo58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
10 km away
3 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!