“Great local place”
Review of Kafe Kokopelli

Kafe Kokopelli
Reserve with OpenTable
Kafe Kokopelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Dade City
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Dade City Florida, Kafe Kokopelli resides in a 101 year old red-brick, vine covered building that was constructed in 1916. Originally built as a Model-T Ford Sales and Service center it was home to the local Ford dealers until the mid 1970's. Saved a few months from demolition, the building was restored and converted to house what is now Kafe Kokopelli, a favorite of locals and visitors from all over the country.
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I had not been here in years but decided to go back while in town for the Kumquat Festival. Despite the busy day, service and food was wonderful.....even better than I remember. It's a unique place with cool decor. The host was friendly and helpful and my server, Amanda, was very good. I had a kumquat sangria which was delicious then the prime rib dip sandwich for lunch. It was fabulous. If I lives closer, I'd go more often. Yummy.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We were recently at the KAFE KOKOPELLI and found it to be great food and uniquie surrroundings. The food was tasty, fast and reasonably priced. It is housed in an old Ford service Garage and we had a very young man showing us to our table whose manners you exellant.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Owner of Giraffe Ranch suggested this restaurant to us for dinner. We tried the fried alligator appetizer. It was delicious. Our waitress informed us it is fresh from a local market.

Dinner we had the chicken marsala and blackened cod. They served enough food to have leftovers. Was not disappointed with our service or food. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Came here after an excellent tour at Giraffe Ranch - arriving for a late lunch (2:30 ish). Not crowded - but service was very slow. Our server was pleasant, but not very focused on our table.
The food was just okay - the promising fried tomato napoleon was not very tasty - had a huge dollop on jam on top - kind of incongruous. My friend and I both ordered salmon salad - after a lengthy discussion on "doneness" it appeared that we had the wrong pieces of fish - unfortunately hers was too underdone for her to eat. The skin was nice and crispy on mine and just a tad overdone for me. My husband was disappointed with the vegetarian options. My son did love his shrimp po boy. The caprese salad was a good size but lacked flavor.
The decor is great - tables are well spaced and comfortable.

Steve Q, Owner at Kafe Kokopelli, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for visiting and we're sorry to hear your experience was not up to your expectations or the standards we expect from our wait staff. We'll use this as a training example, for both the wait staff and the kitchen, so we improve our service and quality going forward. If you should happen to visit us again, please introduce yourself so I can make sure everything is perfect.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

First visit was on a busy Friday night when a street fair/type event was going on. So service was a bit slow but not unexpected, given the crowd. Food was very good, gourmet quality with a generous selection on the menu. Portions were very large and nicely presented. Staff was very polite and considerate. Well worth the visit and look forward to returning again.