“Definitely Worth A Visit”

Bella Luna Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Description: Family Oriented Fine Cuisine Italian Restaurant
Description: Family Oriented Fine Cuisine Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 23 August 2018

How did Cudjoe Key get so lucky as to have two excellent restaurants? This is one of them. Yummy Italian dishes, and great wood fired pizza here. A cozy little place with great service.

1  Thank Dolly G

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best wood fired pizza in the lower keys! I've had many meals here and the atmosphere, owners and staff have created a wonderful, warm environment for a decent meal or pizza. Absolutely perfect. Every single time!

1  Thank Nicki33042
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Love Italian food but this is not the place for real good Italian food. Some items not bad... all and all not impressed - too bad because it is a nice place.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We were headed to the Grouper but forgot they were closed on Sunday so decided to try Bella Luna. We were greeted and sat right away, they only had one other customer at the time. Our server was nice, but a little odd, maybe due to how the owner trains them. She kept mentioning that other customers always order two portions which should have been a heads-up about the portions. We ordered the calamari appetizer for $10 which was a very small portion for one person. It was also extremely bland - no seasoning what so ever. We did get served three small slices of bread and some oil with no herbs. Another employee came by and took away our dishes without asking if we wanted more. I don’t eat pasta so asked about salad. It is again odd that they offer to add a protein to their salads, but they are not a dinner size. Our server kept saying to order the Caesar salad, but I don’t like that, I prefer a garden style salad. I asked if they could make it a little larger for an up charge, which they heavily did. It was still so small that I was still hungry afterward. The chicken that I added was so bland, just a chicken breast on the grill with no seasoning. The Snapper Francaise was very good. It comes with a side of (not fresh made) spaghetti (with oil?). My friend ordered a side of broccoli rabe and the server did tell us it was extra but not it was $6 extra for a very small portion - holy cow! The dinner salad is an additional $7 and is really small; only a few bites. My husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs which had very little sauce and (again) was soooo bland. We really wanted to like this place. There are so few restaurants in the lower keys. If the prices to portion were reasonable, I would try them again, but honestly, I can cook better at home. I think the concept is towards tourists, not locals.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

If you are staying in Cudjoe Key, this place is convenient. Great pizza and good Italian dishes. Friendly casual atmosphere with fair prices. Service was prompt but you are not rushed if you are looking for Italian food you shoul try this place.