“Fried Banana Split”
Review of My New Joint

My New Joint
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Description: Full bar and tapas style menu offered at this wonderful new lounge that is located above the Square Grouper Bar and Grill. Offering fresh shucked oysters, peel and eat shrimp by the pound and half pound at the raw bar. Cheese and Chocolate Fondues as well as an array of sliders and salads are on the menu. Check out the menu on this site or on our website. Live Music!!
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

The food was delicious...scallops were cooked perfectly, tuna was awesome, even the salad was great...but, if you eat one thing the fried banana split was the move.
The servers were phenomenal as well!!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Love this place. If the square grouper downstairs wasn't already the best they had to go and open a bar with tapas upstairs. Everything is outstanding. Can't go wrong.

1  Thank happycamper202063
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Great spot to have a drink while waiting on your table downstairs at Square Grouper. Perfect resolution for waiting on your table!

1  Thank Shawn G
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My first time upstairs at my new Joint was over the top. My Husband and I were very impressed. We have told all of our friends about it. We got a bunch of the share Items to taste and they were all excellent. The pretzel is a must try and the selection off beer is Amazing. The staff was great, very welcoming. Our waitress Gabby was very attentive and very nice. she was on top of everything. The bartender came over to the table to say hello with a smile. There is nothing better then good food and GREAT friendly service. I was a waitress for 25 years. And the staff and food there was a place that you can't wait to go back too and just hang out. We will be going back to hang out with friends real soon.

1  Thank kMck27
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I went here for dinner and apps and heard the entertainment was good. My New Joint has a great vibe. Tall ceilings, tables and couch areas gave it a cool look. Extensive menu for drinks! Cute and funny 4:20 friendly names of cocktails. Our server did not seem happy to see us though, after finally attending to us she didn't greet us or introduce herself. And when we asked about certain drinks she hastily left only to return with a specials menu and told us to see the menu. Then she left. When we asked questions about the food she seemed impatient, and we ended up getting food we didn't order. It was sad because the food, which all came at the same time, was really good. The curried cauliflower rocked. A veggie lovers treasure. The special pizza of the night was tasty and the salad was messy looking but good, biggest slices of carrot in a salad I've ever seen, more like veggie sticks. The guitar player was awesome too. A blues guy with a sweet hollow body jazz guitar. Everything from Willie to Jimi Hendricks!
So, great food, music and vibe, with poor service. Maybe VP was overworked or just having a bad night and we happened to be there. Don't let this discourage you though, the food is worth it.