“Great Grouper Sandwich ”
Review of Square Grouper

Square Grouper
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Innovative fresh local seafood. House Smoked Fish Dip is phenomenal, a definite "must try"!! Our Conch Chowder and our Key Lime Pie are also something you should not miss. We also have a great Square Grouper Fish Sandwich, 16 oz Grilled Ribeye (Certified Angus Beef!), Salads and lots of small plates to share...Flash Fried Conch with ponzu and wasabi. We are open on Mondays from the last week in December thru April! We close every September from the Sunday AFTER Labor Day and reopen on the Thursday BEFORE Columbus Day Weekend.
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

While vacationing with the family in Key West this week, we found this great place for a grouper sandwich. I love those sandwiches and always search for it when I visit Florida. The fish was cooked to perfection and the service was very good.

1  Thank Bob B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed 26 May 2016

There are not too many restaurants in this area of the Keys, but they are surprisingly good. I prefer the downstairs area of Square Grouper to the upstairs - its quieter and not so dark - where upstairs seems more like a bar.

I would definitely go back when in the area.

1  Thank Carotexas2
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Have had the pleasure of having both, lunch and dinner, many times. The presentation and quality of the food has never disappointed!

1  Thank JIllwork G
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Our fishing guide took us to the Square Grouper (well we actually paid for his food and drinks so I guess we took him) after a great day on the water chasing tarpon. We sat at the bar upstairs and had a fantastic experience. Cold martinis, Cold beer, and Stone Crabs -- my favorite. The food was delicious and we packed down all the stone crab claws we could eat. Service from the bartender was excellent. The decor of this place is really cool, great atmosphere. Good live music. Very good experience in a very good bar. I would eat/drink here again. And did I telly you they have delicious Stone Crab claws? Go here when in the lower Keys.

1  Thank tryntoctheworld
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Outstanding food, atmosphere and service off the Key West beaten path. High end food yet casual atmosphere. Probably the best restaurant in the Keys!

1  Thank Missy P