“Wonderful Experience”

Fun 2 Dive Manatee Tours
Ranked #1 of 64 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun 2 Dive Manatee Tours is a professional Manatee Eco-tour guide service that has been guiding snorkelers into the Crystal River National Wildlife refuge since 1995. We offer daily trips to swim and snorkel with the manatees in the beautiful Crystal River. Kayak and Paddle board rentals and guided tours are also available. All gear is included in tour pricing, and all tours are limited to small groups with only 6-12 guests maximum per boat. This is a great adventure that is suitable for the whole family. Children 3 years old and up are welcome as long as they are comfortable in the water and are able to float quietly. Our tours are all-inclusive, no hidden fees, or additional charges for snorkeling gear, parking, etc. It's all included!. Picture packages are available on every tour. Thanks for looking!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My 8 yo and I recently experienced snorkeling with the manatees. It was easy to book online. We headed up from St. Pete Beach. It was an easy drive...about 2 hours. The staff was very friendly. They had water and coffee and we browsed the gift shop as we waited for the tour. They equip you with wet suits. Bring towels and warm/dry clothing!! You can take a bag on the boat. Captain Hobbes was super nice. He was very friendly and accommodating and knowledgeable. He even gave my daughter his shirt because she was cold. Our dive leader, Rickie, was also so nice. He knew where to find the manatees and we swam with several. It was very cool. He also found a turtle. And he constantly made sure my daughter was doing ok going as far to help her swim around the spring when she got tired and cold. He also took photos which you can purchase at the end. You can tell that they all love their jobs and take the care and consideration of the manatees as their priority. It was an excellent eco-tourism outfit. The day was wonderful and a very memorable experience. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Lancaster1017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"beautiful animals"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

After researching, contacted Fun 2 Dive and was met with OUTSTANDING support !! I was coming down with 8 people in my tour group, I was assured this was not a problem AND IT WASN"T !! My wife and I were on one boat and out adult children filled another boat. We had Captain Dallas and Ryan who were both OUTSTANDING !! Capt Dallas put us on the manatees and RYAN was our in the water guide who took great care of the group...we had a group of 3 from France, a family of 4 from Wisconsin and my wife and I..In the group was a younger child and both Capt Dallas and Ryan were GREAT incorporating this little guy into the action. I will and have recommended Fun 2 Dive to others and will be back in the future !!

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank mgutknecht
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Captain Dallas and our guide Robin were knowledgeable, fun and experienced. The whole experience was well organized, efficient and exciting. We went on a 9 person 1pm tour and saw 7 manatees. It was fun having boat all to our own party. My husband and father remained on the boat while 6 of us were in the water. They enjoyed it from the boat just a much. We had a picnic lunch at an adorable park walking distance from the office. We parked at the office , carried our lunch to the park and did not have to pay for parking. After the dive we ate at Crackers bar and grill which was also great. Highly recommend this to all families. Advice - wear spandex shorts or tight suits under the scuba outfit, after dive bring warm clothes to put on you can take scuba suit off. The air was cold.

1  Thank Bernadette R
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Leon and Megan were a great captain and guide combination on our manatee dive! We saw several manatees, and even two babies. The manatees were happy to hang out with us, and we got up close to them. Wonderful experience-definitely recommend it!!

1  Thank 1mum25
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I met our daughter and her family here at the start of our vacation. While the 2 yr old stayed with us in the boat with Captain Hobbs, Robyn took daughter, son-in-law and 6 yr old grandson on their snorkeling adventure. What a great time for all of us. Our hosts were fantastic, always making sure we were all comfortable. Robyn took plenty of pictures while they were all underwater and when we came back to the shop she downloaded them onto a thumb drive that we could purchase (of course we did). It was a beautiful day on Easter weekend - crowded but still enjoyable. It’s a very popular destination so reserve early if this is on your bucket list.