Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$83
FindHotelUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
eDreamsUS$83
PricelineUS$83
TravelocityUS$83
All reviews boat rentals an older hotel old florida three sisters springs swim with manatees margarita tours king
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021

My family reserved a pontoon boat to go swimming with the manatees. This location and the service were awesome. Reserving was easy and they had inexpensive wetsuit and snorkel/mask rentals right on site. The marina was incredibly flexible and helpful as we set sail for a great day swimming with manatees and enjoying a casual, fun family adventure. Thank you for a great day!!
Sharon
(Washington, DC)

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 263sharona
Reviewed 16 March 2021

We had THE BEST time! First, The Port is an awesome place to stay! The charm of the place is something that no longer exists. The people were friendly, service was fantastic, room was clean, the view was fabulous! The manatee tour was the absolute BEST!!! Captain Glenn and our guide Champ were extremely knowledgeable, patient, and fun! The deck hands were very extremely helpful as well! This was the highlight of our trip and they made my son's first time experiencing Florida one for him to remember forever! Thank you! We HIGHLY recommend The Port Marina and Manatee Tour! Everything you want to do is there! Kayaking, which was amazing, pontoon boats, manatee tours, restaurant, bar... GREAT PLACE!!!!

Room tip: Building A the water side.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 5 February 2021

While the rooms are basic, everything was clean and worked properly. The staff of both the hotel and the Marina go above and beyond to make sure everything is right for you. I brought a group of people and no one had a complaint. The location is ideal for seeing Manatee and for great sunsets. The Tiki Bar is the perfect end of day hangout.

Room tip: All the rooms have a view of the Bay
Date of stay: January 2021
Hotel Management, Owner at The Port Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Thank you so much we are glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 19 January 2021

Well, at long last they are tearing down a building and plan to put up a new hotel. This place has been around since the late 50s I believe. Elis stayed there when they made a movie there. Its so worn out, thin sheets. no enamel left on the tub bottom, a tube tv, unworking plug ins not very clean either BUT you can NOT beat the views, sitting on your deck watching the manatees pop up in the morning makes it all worth it. and there is a good restaurant too. The employees are super nice and helpful always. We have stayed here twice and are looking forward to the new hotel. Be aware. as far as I know once booked you are locked into your payment.

Room tip: Ask for building A rooms in the 2001 begin closest and quietest to the river.
Date of stay: January 2021
Hotel Management, Owner at The Port Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

You are only locked in for resv if you book a nonrefundable through a third party. The staff is super excited for our new build. Our property has been here since the 40s and elvis did rent the complete hotel in the 60s to film follow that tune. We are renovating the rooms as well. We have new beds, curtains, flat screens, etc in the rooms that are still here and will be tearing out the carpet to install tile. Thank you so much we can't wait to see you next time.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Our travel plans changed so I needed to call Port Marina to ask if we could cancel our reservation. Staff member "Lisa" was argumentative from the start, questioning if I'd "seen the property" and changed our mind? She stated that the reservation was non-refundable and I would be charged if we stayed there or not. She told me to call Booking.com to ask for a refund. The booking.com agent politely explained the policy but offered to contact the resort on our behalf. Port Marina's Lisa, refused to cancel our reservation.

This prompted me ask Lisa once more for a refund and received a prompt "No" and a reminder that it was non-refundable. I asked if they could honor the booking website's agreement that cancellations are accepted during COVID? That's when Lisa spoke with disdain saying that unless we had a confirmed medical diagnosis we would be still be charged for the room.

With no option but to keep our pre-paid reservation, we noted check-in time was 3:00 and arrived at 5:10 pm. At that time, Lisa told us she gave away our room, arguing that we had cancelled. I reminded her that she had refused our request to cancel nor refund our money; and stood my ground that they were double booking a room that was already paid for. Bad, bad business practice.

Lisa said they were fully booked, although the parking lot was empty of all but our car. Then, Lisa "found" an available room and pushed paperwork at my husband. Less than ten seconds later, Lisa pushed for a signature, when he looked at her and said, "Before I sign anything, I prefer to read it" to this, Lisa hatefully told him - "If he was going to read "THIS" he had better read "THAT" and angrily tapped a boxed section on the rental form.

Incredulous as Lisa's behavior was, the property sadly measured up the same. After speaking with the property manager the next morning, who listened to my complaints regarding Lisa, the manager summed up the poor customer service as "Lisa's east coast mannerisms" adding that, "If someone is not used to abrasive language they would easily get offended" while barely containing her approval of the staff member's bad attitude.

The manager mentioned that Port Marina is being torn down "Because people don't appreciate what a resort has to offer" and if that is their take on the situation I would highly, HIGHLY recommend choosing better accommodations elsewhere. Rude customer service aside, this property has outdated security doors, gross AC, and lacks even basic upkeep.

Our "discounted rate" of $79 included heavy construction work/noise & promoted amenities they could not provide. Their SUPs and kayaks were unavailable, Tiki Bar and food service was closed; and surrounding view of stagnant, thick with algae water was so murky green that divers who paid for lessons complained aloud that they were unable to view the massively large manatees they paid to see.

For the same $79 rate, we booked a 4-star room at a clean, professional hotel not 30 minutes away from Port Marina. I have never felt the need to write a hotel review for some small matter. However, if our first-hand experience can help even one family avoid disappointment or financial loss; then it was well-worth sharing.

Date of stay: December 2020